https://m.facebook.com/groups/120188...oup_highlights

But the author of the photos probably do not know plants in front of the fence
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #292
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
Received an email from Iron Studios (US) to say that Set A is now in stock, meaning they will most likely start shipping soon. Not sure what that means for people who ordered from Chronicle Collectibles though.
Not only is it in stock, but I can order it, and with 10% off too! So instead of spending £1500 on it from the UK, I can get it for £1200 shipped from Brazil! I wonder if I should do it.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #293
CoresNZ
Doh!

God i'm torn about this.. I've had a pre order on this thing for over a year and have a few days remaining in which to pay the balance before losing my deposit. Since pre-ordering, the New Zealand Dollar has taken a big hit and now this thing is going to cost substantially more than i had bargained for..

The scarce photos and videos of the production units shipped thus far have not looked particularly impressive in the paint department. A friend of mine received his standalone rex months ago and i was extremely underwhelmed by the flat lifeless paint and lack of sculpt detail in the body.. Had really hoped that things would be better on this seemingly more premium version at 3x the price.

Do i take the hit on the deposit and get a prime 1 or pay through the teeth and plan to repaint..? The scale and pose of this thing are a big draw for me, but at 2/3rds the price the prime 1 seems to be much better value for a faithful representation of rexy.
CoresNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #294
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Not only is it in stock, but I can order it, and with 10% off too! So instead of spending £1500 on it from the UK, I can get it for £1200 shipped from Brazil! I wonder if I should do it.
Bear in mind you’ll be hit with import duties/VAT.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #295
Lemmiwinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
New set A photo on FB private group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/120188...oup_highlights

But the author of the photos probably do not know plants in front of the fence
Thanks! Here's the images in case you're not on Facebook;

Old 10-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #296
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoresNZ View Post
God i'm torn about this.. I've had a pre order on this thing for over a year and have a few days remaining in which to pay the balance before losing my deposit. Since pre-ordering, the New Zealand Dollar has taken a big hit and now this thing is going to cost substantially more than i had bargained for..

The scarce photos and videos of the production units shipped thus far have not looked particularly impressive in the paint department. A friend of mine received his standalone rex months ago and i was extremely underwhelmed by the flat lifeless paint and lack of sculpt detail in the body.. Had really hoped that things would be better on this seemingly more premium version at 3x the price.

Do i take the hit on the deposit and get a prime 1 or pay through the teeth and plan to repaint..? The scale and pose of this thing are a big draw for me, but at 2/3rds the price the prime 1 seems to be much better value for a faithful representation of rexy.
I had the big set on pre-order but I cancelled when I saw that some of the individual Rexes were turning up with issues. My friend in France received one with chips of paint missing around the snout. I decided it was too expensive to take a gamble because sending it back for a refund would probably be a massive ball ache!
I have the Prime 1 rex and it’s fantastic! So I’m sticking with them.
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:06 AM   #297
Lemmiwinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoresNZ View Post

Let’s be honest here, this is an incredibly ambitious and massive diorama and it’s likely we won’t see anything like this from anyone else any time soon. If you’re in it for the diorama itself I think you’ll be extremely pleased with it when it eventually arrives, but if the Rex is the most important piece for you then you’ll be much happier with the Prime 1 version. Personally, I’m in it for the Explorers and the scene itself. I can see the issues with the Rex and the paintwork in places like with the mud but overall I think it’ll be worth it in the end.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #298
CoresNZ
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
Let’s be honest here, this is an incredibly ambitious and massive diorama and it’s likely we won’t see anything like this from anyone else any time soon. If you’re in it for the diorama itself I think you’ll be extremely pleased with it when it eventually arrives, but if the Rex is the most important piece for you then you’ll be much happier with the Prime 1 version. Personally, I’m in it for the Explorers and the scene itself. I can see the issues with the Rex and the paintwork in places like with the mud but overall I think it’ll be worth it in the end.
Absolutely. They are both awesome. It kinda comes down to impact of the scene and presence in the room vs ability to get in close and admire the detail.. The last two posts haven't made this decision any easier. Might just have to bite the bullet and get both ..
CoresNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:59 PM   #299
Vader
Ghost

has anyone seen this in person? how does it compare to the prime 1 version? much more impressive?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #300
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
has anyone seen this in person? how does it compare to the prime 1 version? much more impressive?
I saw this in person last year, the original concept, I even take several pictures that day, the original one was awsome, but of course I can't see details like the interior of the smashed car...

But in general, sad to say this, the original have a much better painting and care for details then this one, I'm really disappointed about this paint.

IS told me that this Diorama was taking more time to release because they are really worry about a good product, with good painting and all, but you see the opose on those pictures.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote