Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #1121
ozboy
Birdman

Different pictures taken with different cameras and focal depth will make the same thing look different...

ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #1122
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I think the body type on the 1/3 is perfect. I do think he's a bit huskier, but look at it as an improvement.
Yea I'm with you on that one. He looks more powerful! You got to remember, he needs to be strong enough to realistically rip a spine out of a human being with his bare hands. That takes some serious muscle strength. The SS version was too skinny looking imo.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #1123
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
To call him fat is a overstatement. The body type is no more inaccurate than the CM or SWS, just in the other direction for once.

For the record, the 1/4 Big Game is also overly bulky but in other areas. He's much broader and more muscular than in the film.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:33 AM   #1124
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
That’s an interesting concept in regards to ease of buying VS ease of selling.

So, you went with Secret Compass? I’m pausing because I don’t know if I should go SC or Direct. Give me a one or two sentence sell on SC vs P1 Direct.
One sentence= Ease of returns and/or replacements.

Bonus sentences=Much easier to deal with a US retailer than Prime directly. SC is also an official Prime retailer in the states, so they get all the extra goodies as if you ordered direct from Prime. Also, shipping is free already. You don't have to worry about crazy surcharges. As you can see, there aren't many pros going with Prime directly in comparison.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 02:10 AM   #1125
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

One of the admins on their facebook group said the final word is the regular edition won't have the prop mask. Only the dx and the dxs. Real punch in the gut. It is a greedy move by Prime1. I truly don't have luck with the company lately. I know guys who buy the dx couldn't care less (at least some of them) but damn we are paying lot of money too for the statue. I cannot believe they are that greedy. It is a spit in the face of their loyal customers.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:28 AM   #1126
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

IMO, the smoother appearance of the "Props" mask is not worth 500 dollars. I personally don't care for the extra heads and hands so the regular is still the way to go for people like me. However, P1 should have included the "Props" mask in the regular edition of the "Ultimate Jungle Predator statue". Something tells me they could change their tune once the DX is sold out
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 05:10 AM   #1127
jinkazama
Cobra Command

If P1 do make the closed mouth head sculpt, they should include it with both the regular and DX, to be fair to collectors who will be getting the regular version, and won't be getting the Props Bio mask and spinal trophy that only comes with the DX version.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 05:50 AM   #1128
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
IMO, the smoother appearance of the "Props" mask is not worth 500 dollars. I personally don't care for the extra heads and hands so the regular is still the way to go for people like me. However, P1 should have included the "Props" mask in the regular edition of the "Ultimate Jungle Predator statue". Something tells me they could change their tune once the DX is sold out

I plan to buy the DX, but even I'll agree with this. The new mask is a belated admission that the previous one (also used on the 1/4) Wasn't up to standard and they have now fortunately improved it immensely. I'm not really sure why they are still including the textured one tbh? They probably should have just replaced it. Even if the DX comes with two for whatever reason.... I'd rather have two of the newer and more accurate mask anyway, I'd never use the other one as it clearly looks wrong and was by far my biggest complaint about the 1/4 statue.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:50 AM   #1129
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
If P1 do make the closed mouth head sculpt, they should include it with both the regular and DX, to be fair to collectors who will be getting the regular version, and won't be getting the Props Bio mask and spinal trophy that only comes with the DX version.......
Unfortunately I doubt Prime 1 will do this. Prime 1 realise the demand for a close mouth bust is high and can produce and sell this for $400.

In regards to the prop mask being included with the DX this is a bad move by Prime 1 IMO. It has upset a percentage (high?) of those customers buying the regular and will upset a percentage of customers who have now ordered the DX following this announcement. This decision should have been made from the outset. If the prop mask is included with the regular at a later date it may make some customers who ordered the DX ask their retailer to switch they order especially those customers where the cost is significantly more in Europe between a regular and DX. In the UK the difference is over £600. As I say it’s a mess and has already caused upset.

One possible solution is to include the prop mask in both editions but have it permanently fixed to the head in the regular but include the prop mask as a switch out with the original announced mask on the DX.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:54 AM   #1130
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Guessing you were happy with the regular edition if/when you ordered it. I wasn't 100% convinced so waited.
Forget about any extras they add as they will always put them with the DX version. That's why it's the 'Deluxe' version, you get everything.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote