Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-10-2021, 01:12 AM   #1421
jinkazama
Cobra Command

As P1 have made the 1/4 City Hunter Predator, and are going to announce a 1/3 version at some point, just wondering if they'll also make a 1/4 Jungle Hunter from the movie [as the 1/4 Big Game Jungle Hunter was from the comics]......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 03:00 AM   #1422
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
As P1 have made the 1/4 City Hunter Predator, and are going to announce a 1/3 version at some point, just wondering if they'll also make a 1/4 Jungle Hunter from the movie [as the 1/4 Big Game Jungle Hunter was from the comics]......

Officially they haven't made a 1/4 City hunter, I don't think they have the license for that. Otherwise why would they have made it a "none scale" wall mount (Which is close to 1/4) It's possible we'll see a smaller jungle hunter hanging from a wall mountable tree however, Prime 1 have no issue or restraint what so ever with regards to releasing multiple statues of the same character.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 03:03 AM   #1423
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I did some quick photoshop bust visualization

Good work man! That's pretty close to what it will actually end up looking like I'm sure. The closed portrait has that curious intrigued expression when he discovers the trap.

It's an awesome face in the movie, but does it really suite the body pose of the statue? The answer is no. The statue's body is poised in a fighting stance, so I think it would of made more sense to create a closed mouth portrait to have a angrier face to mesh overall. Maybe if the squinting eye was edited, it could change the expression more to what is appropriate?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 03:28 AM   #1424
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Goonsack Steve posted this image on the Freaks Boards (personally i think that board lost it's mojo a good 5+ years ago...but that's neither here nor there) but the image is literally the exact frame. It's creepy how they can overlay, trace and print.

at first i was hoping it was from this scene:

but i think Goon's image, what the bust is gonna be based on looks meaner...i think
Yeah it does seem to be super quiet over there at SSF outside of the few days a new statue gets announced. I really just bounce between these two.

But yes this is the face I hoped they picked. Was terriefied they would reuse the 1/4 closed mouth which looks NOTHING like the movie
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:06 AM   #1425
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
There's no way anyone could do it better. At this point I am satisfied with most things. Looks damn good.
PS: Now we need to spam Prime 1 about accurate skin tones. I really hate 1/4 version colors. They probably paint it that way because it was inspired by Cover Art Pred. Not 1987 Predator.
The prototype of the 1/4 had better paint app so I'm not sure if it was a deliberate choice by Prime 1 or bottleneck result of a mass produced collectible. I suspect a bit of both.

Their inevitably going to trim in some areas, just hope it's not as obvious as with the choices made for the 1/4, especially with the blunt, thick quills. They will certainly be a lot more careful with this one. Sharp paint, sharp quills and it's a sure home run.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:09 AM   #1426
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsack Steve View Post
Yeah it does seem to be super quiet over there at SSF outside of the few days a new statue gets announced. I really just bounce between these two.

But yes this is the face I hoped they picked. Was terriefied they would reuse the 1/4 closed mouth which looks NOTHING like the movie
Just watched your video update Steve, always a joy, keep up the good work
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:33 AM   #1427
jinkazama
Cobra Command

It appears that P1 have also fixed the bio mask head sculpt, as the lower mandibles near the chin no longer seem visible......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:34 AM   #1428
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Just watched your video update Steve, always a joy, keep up the good work
Cheers Dundee! I know not everyone enjoys discussion videos but I just enjoy talking about Predator related collectibles. Obviously if I was loaded I'd have a review up every other week, but unfortunately Im not so I fill the gaps between vids with whatever statues im interested
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:38 AM   #1429
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Good work man! That's pretty close to what it will actually end up looking like I'm sure. The closed portrait has that curious intrigued expression when he discovers the trap.

It's an awesome face in the movie, but does it really suite the body pose of the statue? The answer is no. The statue's body is poised in a fighting stance, so I think it would of made more sense to create a closed mouth portrait to have a angrier face to mesh overall. Maybe if the squinting eye was edited, it could change the expression more to what is appropriate?
My thoughts too.
Angry and ready to tear you one is best.

Also to be honest a 1/3 (copy) bust like this, does not add anything for ppl who ordered the full statue but only wanted closed mouth which should look super cool on the statue.

But otherhand very nice for ppl who don't want to spend so much and can now have the same as a bust.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:56 AM   #1430
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Quote:
Prime 1 and affordable... yeah, right. Life size bust would cost at least $2000 (That's like $10K Canadian )
Lol, true enough. Still, I'd be open to a life size bust. Hell, I'd love to see their 1/3 scale bust of Jungle Hunter followed by a 1/3 bust of City Hunter and Wolf.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote