Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-26-2021, 05:24 PM   #2021
Jungle Demon
Hydra

They didn’t based fully open mouth version on Pred from the movie. It’s based on Stan Winston’s 1:1 bust
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:27 PM   #2022
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It seems like they’re trying to get as close to movie accurate as they can with all these revisions. Imo the open mouthed portrait they’ve got sculpted looks ridiculous as it is. They should consider revising that as well.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:04 PM   #2023
MASTERSAFARA

Arrow

I think they should update the positioning of the mandibles on the open mouth portrait. I would vastly improve the piece. The deluxe semi-open mouthed portrait looks better and even good enough to replace the open mouthed portrait. (See pictures below) However, I’m sure fans would also want a fully flared out roaring Predator portrait included. They just need to tweak it to make it perfect.
The semi-open looks like a match to this movie still expression…

Old 07-26-2021, 06:10 PM   #2024
MASTERSAFARA

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
In addition to losing the over-textured skin appearance, they should soften the abdominal definition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yeah I agree, the fists need to be larger. They did say they are making some more improvements. That's something you guy's should mention to them. Should be a simple fix. Other than that, the body proportions to me, are 95% accurate. Good pictures posted!
I also agree. They smoothed out the belly area which is another step in the right direction but the rest of the body is still too over textured. You have 3 layers; layer 1 over textured head, layer 2 smooth mid section, layer 3 over textured thighs/lower body.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:21 PM   #2025
Dundee
Hydra

Prime 1 did state in their final update that skin textures would be updated on the sculpt after receiving feedback from collectors. We won't really know to what degree this will be, not until Prime 1 makes a new prototype with all said updates. I'm hoping they do that soon and release a video so more accurate comparisons can be made.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:36 PM   #2026
MASTERSAFARA

Arrow

I really like the sculpt render they’ve chosen for the closed mouth premium bust portrait. Looks like a direct match for the pred’s expression from the moment in the movie after it examined Dutch’s booby trap. It looks like this is going to be offered as an additional purchase option rather than included with the piece. If that’s the case, it’s at least nice that we’re getting a quality closed mouth portrait however it also would’ve be nice and made more sense to me to scrap either one of the current unmasked portrait (open mouth or semi-open mouth) for this closed mouth. That way we’d still have four portrait options included rather than having to buy anything additional. Unmasked open mouth and unmasked closed mouth rather than an unmasked open mouth and semi-open mouth.

I would’ve instead preferred a closed mouth portrait of the moment right after the pred tossed his bio mask in the water revealing himself for the first time, but the one they chose is still really nice and looks to be direct from the movie so can’t complain too much. Here’s that other lesser iconic moment…

Not sure why no one’s done this exact closed mouth sculpt yet. Seems like the perfect closed mouth portrait to me and no better time to make it happen if you’re trying to remaster this thing.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:38 PM   #2027
MASTERSAFARA

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Prime 1 did state in their final update that skin textures would be updated on the sculpt after receiving feedback from collectors. We won't really know to what degree this will be, not until Prime 1 makes a new prototype with all said updates. I'm hoping they do that soon and release a video so more accurate comparisons can be made.
Just going off of what they’ve shared so far in terms of updates as it relates to the skin texture, they seem to have focused their attention solely to the mid section belly area rather than the whole body.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:54 PM   #2028
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Not sure why no one’s done this exact closed mouth sculpt yet. Seems like the perfect closed mouth portrait to me and no better time to make it happen if you’re trying to remaster this thing.

They will charge at least $400 for that bust.

Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:59 PM   #2029
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Then I will pay $400 for that bust.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #2030
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Just going off of what they’ve shared so far in terms of updates as it relates to the skin texture, they seem to have focused their attention solely to the mid section belly area rather than the whole body.
Those photos showing the updated torso was during the second wave of updates before the final one.

After the second update myself along with other collectors emailed them requesting skin textures on arms and legs to be consistent with body textures. Hence we get the 'updated skin textures' in the 'final' wave of updates. That could mean anything and without new pics or videos of the updated prototype reflecting the final wave of updates, we won't really know what it will turn out to look like. Fingers crossed it's consistent across the board.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote