Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-04-2021, 04:47 AM   #431
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Everyone expected good things from The Predator and it sucked big time.
This female led movie sounds like a train wreck so it might actually be good...

(Apologies if the lead female doesn't actually acknowledge her gender)
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:11 AM   #432
jinkazama
Cobra Command

The new Predator movie will reportedly star actress Amber Midthunder, and will be directed by Dan Trachtenberg.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:38 AM   #433
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Better if we stay on topic guys. All we know that everything Predator on film will suck, we learnt that the hard way. I had to suffer The Predator on cinema.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 04:17 PM   #434
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
The only information released about the film thus far is that a young female will play the main protagonist. I don't get it. Would it be more believable for a young man to manhandle and kill the predator? Arnold couldn't even kill it without dumb luck and his traps.

Right now there isn't any reason to bash the film unless you simply don't want a woman having a lead role.
Let me guess: you liked Ghostbusters 2016 and Terminator Woke Fate! Lol...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 04:23 PM   #435
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Nah not rescale. Your opinion on the 1/4 scale Fugitive, do you think it is over or underscaled?

I ask because it looks big in the videos, similar to JH big i.e bigger than it should be. It would be interesting to see the 1/4 CH next to the 1/4 Fugitive Pred just to get an idea of the actual size and figure out if all the movie line ones are consistent in scale or not.
Oh I get it. To be honest I did not noticed anything I thought it is in scale. Maybe I am wrong.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #436
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Oh I get it. To be honest I did not noticed anything I thought it is in scale. Maybe I am wrong.
You are right as JAWS posted a pic in the JH thread comparing them both. The fugitive whilst looks big, is in scale compared to the 1/4 JH. This 1/3 JH won't likely be scaled like the comic, it'll probably be a true 1/3 size wise.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:13 PM   #437
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
LOL, this reminds me of the ending in Terminator Dark Fate when the little lady pounced on the Rev-9. Terror inducing baddies sadly have become comfy cotton bears to hug
Honestly Crocodile, I never wasted my time & patience seeing it... I can tell in 5 seconds by a trailer if a movie's complete crap or not... Plus my friends told me about it.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:33 PM   #438
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Everyone expected good things from The Predator
They did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
The new Predator movie will reportedly star actress Amber Midthunder, and will be directed by Dan Trachtenberg.....
This is why I'm cautiously optimistic. With 10 Cloverfield Lane, Trachtenberg demonstrated that he can do a good job handling an existing property. I can't say the same for Shane Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Let me guess: you liked Ghostbusters 2016 and Terminator Woke Fate! Lol...
Non sequitur, but ok.

Arnold didn't win by brawn. Danny Glover didn't even win by brawn and he fought the creature hand-to-hand. Both of the Winston Predators lost to hubris. Technically, there's nothing that says you have to be a big, jacked dude to kill one. As long as they don't have her benching the creature -- which not even Arnie could do -- I'm game.

The new movie looks to be partially inspired by the Big Game comic, but with a female lead instead of a male. Whether the movie is good or bad is up to the filmmakers. I'll grant that current films with a gender swap don't usually work, but that's because their filmmakers are more preoccupied with featuring a woman than telling a proper story, so once they have their gal, they don't put much thought into giving her a solid script. It's absolutely possible to do both (Fury Road was great), but Hollywood struggles most of the time.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:29 AM   #439
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
They did?

This is why I'm cautiously optimistic. With 10 Cloverfield Lane, Trachtenberg demonstrated that he can do a good job handling an existing property. I can't say the same for Shane Black.

Non sequitur, but ok.

Arnold didn't win by brawn. Danny Glover didn't even win by brawn and he fought the creature hand-to-hand. Both of the Winston Predators lost to hubris. Technically, there's nothing that says you have to be a big, jacked dude to kill one. As long as they don't have her benching the creature -- which not even Arnie could do -- I'm game.

The new movie looks to be partially inspired by the Big Game comic, but with a female lead instead of a male. Whether the movie is good or bad is up to the filmmakers. I'll grant that current films with a gender swap don't usually work, but that's because their filmmakers are more preoccupied with featuring a woman than telling a proper story, so once they have their gal, they don't put much thought into giving her a solid script. It's absolutely possible to do both (Fury Road was great), but Hollywood struggles most of the time.
Are you kidding m? (come on now) Do you really believe a 90 lb. chick is just as equally, capably strong, believable, physically & mentally spiritually fit, to actually best a Predator as if it was in reality?b

It's all about checking off the boxes these days. Aliens is my 2nd favorite movie of all time, with a female lead, but now a days, it's all about forced diversity, with zero chemistry & believablity. It goes against your own common sense...

It's like they're daring people to say something negative, so they can piss & moan to sensor their perspective. (Oh, I'm offended) boo who... I'm huge Predator fan, but this new flick can kiss my arse. It's going to be a huge flop Guaranteed, & everybody knows it..... They can't come up with their own IP's, so they resurrect & tarnish all the good flicks, to upset the real fans... That's ok though.... there's plenty of old school flicks & videogames to last me entertainment wise, the rest of my life...
Old 06-05-2021, 12:49 AM   #440
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Are you kidding m? (come on now) Do you really believe a 90 lb. chick is just as equally, capably strong, believable, physically & mentally spiritually fit, to actually best a Predator as if it was in reality?
I don't see what physical size has to do with mental or spiritual fitness. And again, muscle isn't what killed the Predators in the first two films. Dutch was thrown around like a ragdoll, the only reason he wasn't immediately split in half is because the Predator wanted to play with him. Same with Harrigan. Those two won because Predators are cocky bastards who savor the fight too long.

The "realism" you're talking about doesn't come into play unless there's a one-on-one fistfight and she's able to bring the Predator to the ground with a tackle or punch. That would be hard to believe with any human and they tried it in Dark Fate: a teenager successfully tackles a 500-lb hunk of metal. No human should be able to beat it with brute strength, hence Kyle having to blow up the first Terminator and Sarah luring it into a hydraulic press.

Of course, the bigger problem with Dark Fate was the script and story. Could've worked if they had something better to do with those characters.

Long story short, we don't even know what the showdown between the hero and the Predator will look like in the new film. If she karate kicks him into submission, yeah, your complaints are warranted. But for now, you're flipping your lid at a casting decision.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote