Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2021, 07:05 AM   #511
Jungle Demon
Hydra
 
Jungle Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post

Cool but that pattern on his forehead supposed to have gradient :
Lots of painters skip that detail :


Neny Dee repaint with updated eyes :
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #512
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Xenoburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,160
I would say "cool" is a bit of an understatement but to each their own. I personally have never been interested in owning the Scott Marshall sculpt.

Despite whatever minor patterning inaccuracies the Magee one has, I'd say it's sculpt and finish are 100x better than the Marshall piece.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #513
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 4,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I would say "cool" is a bit of an understatement but to each their own. I personally have never been interested in owning the Scott Marshall sculpt.

Despite whatever minor patterning inaccuracies the Magee one has, I'd say it's sculpt and finish are 100x better than the Marshall piece.
is that a new sculpt by Magee? Or is it the same one he's always had? the reason i ask, normally his Predheads have limp looking mandibles, that just look to be hanging there, open but kinda lifeless. This is the BEST looking Pred head of his i've seen. Maybe because it's resin and he could pose and lock-in the mandibles with apoxie exactly in place...but there are some details on that pic you posted that are different from his pics from 2009.

when i think of the Magee FX Predator head i think of this image...
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:40 AM   #514
Jungle Demon
Hydra
 
Jungle Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I would say "cool" is a bit of an understatement but to each their own. I personally have never been interested in owning the Scott Marshall sculpt.

Despite whatever minor patterning inaccuracies the Magee one has, I'd say it's sculpt and finish are 100x better than the Marshall piece.
Marshall close mount sculpt is top of the line. The most accurate sculpture
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #515
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Xenoburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
is that a new sculpt by Magee? Or is it the same one he's always had? the reason i ask, normally his Predheads have limp looking mandibles, that just look to be hanging there, open but kinda lifeless. This is the BEST looking Pred head of his i've seen. Maybe because it's resin and he could pose and lock-in the mandibles with apoxie exactly in place...but there are some details on that pic you posted that are different from his pics from 2009.

when i think of the Magee FX Predator head i think of this image...
It's a limited piece. I don't know much about it. Translucent resin, painted by another artist. I imagine it's a new sculpt. Looks like there is more detail and natural texturing in the skin. I was never very impressed with his other sculpt (the one you have pictured).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Marshall close mount sculpt is top of the line. The most accurate sculpture
Meh. It just doesn't do much for me. I wouldn't pay a grand for it. I'd pay over 3 grand for that Magee one I linked. That thing truly captures the essence of what I saw on film. I'd have the brown spotting on the sides of the forehead a bit less prominent, more faded, and maybe request the base skin color be less yellow and more beige, but, sculpt-wise, I think it may be the most accurate and life-like predator I've ever seen.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:24 PM   #516
Jungle Demon
Hydra
 
Jungle Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
It's a limited piece. I don't know much about it. Translucent resin, painted by another artist. I imagine it's a new sculpt. Looks like there is more detail and natural texturing in the skin. I was never very impressed with his other sculpt (the one you have pictured).

Meh. It just doesn't do much for me. I wouldn't pay a grand for it. I'd pay over 3 grand for that Magee one I linked. That thing truly captures the essence of what I saw on film. I'd have the brown spotting on the sides of the forehead a bit less prominent, more faded, and maybe request the base skin color be less yellow and more beige, but, sculpt-wise, I think it may be the most accurate and life-like predator I've ever seen.
It’s cool but I don’t like the half-open mouth version. The close mouth is easily the most “evil” looking.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #517
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Xenoburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
It’s cool but I don’t like the half-open mouth version. The close mouth is easily the most “evil” looking.
Oh I definitely agree. My preferred facial pose for the predator is mouth & mandibles closed almost completely, taken from the scene where Dutch is taunting him and he realizes it's a trap. I wonder if Magee and co. would make another run of this bust but with a closed mouth/mandible sculpt.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:11 PM   #518
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 4,123
OK...I think i'm officially losing patience waiting for this announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post


The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #519
jinkazama
Cobra Command
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,973
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #520
Exorcist
The X-Men
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,006
Talking

Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com