Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2022, 06:37 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkiye
Posts: 4,281
Your Top 10 Manga

Here we go;

1. Berserk
2. Slam Dunk
3. Vinland Saga
4. Blame!
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion
6. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
7. Dragon Ball
8. Lone Wolf and Cub
9. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, Diamond is Unbreakable
10. Fullmetal Alchemist


Honorable Mention:
- A Silent Voice
- At The Mountains of Madness (Manga Adaptation)
- Lady Snowblood
- My Lesbian Experince with Loneliness
- Knights of Sidonia
- Girls Last Tour
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 12:51 AM   #2
Davidian
Omega Flight
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,337
1. Hellsing
2. Berserk
3. Ghost In The Shell
4. Akira
5. Gantz
6. Blame!
7. Black Lagoon
8. Battle Vixens
9. High School of the Dead
10. Triage-X


Honorable mention:
- Alice in Borderland
- Hellbound
- Freezing
- Biomega
- Abara

Last edited by Davidian; 01-12-2023 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Abara!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:01 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkiye
Posts: 4,281
You seem to realy like your Vampire Hunters, Davidian. (: Asuming that is Bloodrayne on your profile picture.

I need to read Akira and Gantz. I watched both of their animes, but never read their mangas. I just wait for Gantz to be completed in Omnibus format to start to read. I also get Akira manga's Turkish editions, because i liked the cover and spine design alot better than American editions, but they took their sweet time to be printed...

Davidian, have you ever checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz ? the two other complete major Nihei works. I will start them soon as well. I only need 1 last vol. from each and they are on their way. As soon as they arrive, i will probably start to Knights of Sidonia. I grew up on a heavy diet of mecha animes. I really wonder Tsutomu Nihei's take on the Mecha Genre. I can't find the vols. of Biomega anywhere... I hope Biomega will be available again in the future.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:16 PM   #4
Davidian
Omega Flight
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You seem to realy like your Vampire Hunters, Davidian. (: Asuming that is Bloodrayne on your profile picture.

I need to read Akira and Gantz. I watched both of their animes, but never read their mangas. I just wait for Gantz to be completed in Omnibus format to start to read. I also get Akira manga's Turkish editions, because i liked the cover and spine design alot better than American editions, but they took their sweet time to be printed...

Davidian, have you ever checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz ? the two other complete major Nihei works. I will start them soon as well. I only need 1 last vol. from each and they are on their way. As soon as they arrive, i will probably start to Knights of Sidonia. I grew up on a heavy diet of mecha animes. I really wonder Tsutomu Nihei's take on the Mecha Genre. I can't find the vols. of Biomega anywhere... I hope Biomega will be available again in the future.

Yep, definitely dig vampire hunters, and you're correct, that is Bloodrayne in my profile pic (huge fan of the game and comics, but not so much of the movies).

Gantz is available in omnibus format (paperback with 3 volumes each), but I wish they went with omnibus format like they did with Hellsing and Berserk, but oh well.

I have not checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz, but since you mentioned it, I'll look into them. Only mecha related "anime" I sort of follow is Mobile Suit Gundam (have a HUGE collection of model kits that need built).

Have you checked Amazon for Biomega? That's where I got mine.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 02:07 PM   #5
The Dark Knight
Jubilee
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkiye
Posts: 4,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Yep, definitely dig vampire hunters, and you're correct, that is Bloodrayne in my profile pic (huge fan of the game and comics, but not so much of the movies).

Gantz is available in omnibus format (paperback with 3 volumes each), but I wish they went with omnibus format like they did with Hellsing and Berserk, but oh well.

I have not checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz, but since you mentioned it, I'll look into them. Only mecha related "anime" I sort of follow is Mobile Suit Gundam (have a HUGE collection of model kits that need built).

Have you checked Amazon for Biomega? That's where I got mine.
I only played the game of Bloodrayne 24 years ago or something... It is a really an old franchise, but it might be revived anytime, you never know.

Hellsing and Berserk, hardcover oversized editions are called Deluxe Editions, Manga Omnibus Editions are soft cover and may be sometimes slightly oversized. It is not necessary for my manga to be hardcover, i just want my manga to be cheapest at price possible with a decent quality.

Well, since Blame! is one of your favorites and you like Biomega, i thought you would be interested with other works of Tsutomu Nihei, so i mentined Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz. There are also; Noise and Abara hardcovers, each of them is just one vol. and if you are interested with comics, there is also Wolverine: Snikt! by Tsutomu Nihei, it is pretty nice and connected with Blame!, somehow Wolverine teleports to the Blame! World and tries to survive there. I don't remember the details though, it has been nearly 20 years since i read it... I need to reread it.

All Biomega vols. are out stock on Amazon as well.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:01 PM   #6
Davidian
Omega Flight
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,337
I do have the Abara hardcover, thanks for reminding about that, it should go under an honorable mention as well actually.

Sucks to hear about the Biomega volumes being out of stock. Hopefully they'll be in stock again!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 06:17 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Jubilee
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkiye
Posts: 4,281
I also have the Abara HC but i haven't read it yet. Biomega will be back in stock in the futere for sure.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 04:30 PM   #8
protector2814
Phoenix
 
protector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 12,152
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures (any one)
Akira (I have the complete epic publ. run
Outlaw Star
Ghost In The Shell
Gyo - Death Stench Creeps
Black Jack
Astro Boy
Lone Wolf & Cub (I know .... but for some reason I consider it Manga)
Tokyo Ghoul
Attack On Titan
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 01:16 AM   #9
EnShinNoi
Midnighter
 
EnShinNoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,855
1. Dorohedoro
2. Vagabond
3. Berserk

Not sure on the rest but the top three are definites.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:22 PM   #10
The Dark Knight
Jubilee
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkiye
Posts: 4,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures (any one)
Akira (I have the complete epic publ. run
Outlaw Star
Ghost In The Shell
Gyo - Death Stench Creeps
Black Jack
Astro Boy
Lone Wolf & Cub (I know .... but for some reason I consider it Manga)
Tokyo Ghoul
Attack On Titan
Nice List ! I didn't know you were into manga Protector, cool. (: Is there somekind of doubt about Lone Wolf and Cub being a manga ?

I ordered Tokyo Ghoul box set two weeks ago, it is on its way. (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com