Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-26-2021, 01:36 PM   #1311
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

A bit off-topic: Xtreme X-men omnibus has been officially announced to come in summer 2022.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 03:28 PM   #1312
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Would really appreciate a good rehash like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderwee-emma9.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	916.4 KB
ID:	142983  
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:51 PM   #1313
Peedi
The Secret Six

If the head sculpt on the last Emma PF felt more like what Emma looks like to me I would’ve bought it.

I think XM nailed the short hair portrait. By far better. The rest of the statue itself couldn’t decide if it was Hellfire Club or X-Men. A plus for some.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:54 PM   #1314
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Neither one looks to me like the best face money can buy. Both are nice enough, but Sideshow’s isn’t plastic fantastic enough and XM’s has way too much make-up like she’s a cheap date. Emma ain’t cheap.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #1315
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Neither one looks to me like the best face money can buy. Both are nice enough, but Sideshow’s isn’t plastic fantastic enough and XM’s has way too much make-up like she’s a cheap date. Emma ain’t cheap.
Exactly how I felt, neither one felt like a must for me, cool if you were happy with either offering tho.

I'd probably buy Sideshows if I could get it for super cheap, just to have her in the line up. But i'm almost tempted to wait out for the next rehash.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #1316
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If the head sculpt on the last Emma PF felt more like what Emma looks like to me I would’ve bought it.

I think XM nailed the short hair portrait. By far better. The rest of the statue itself couldn’t decide if it was Hellfire Club or X-Men. A plus for some.

I own both of them. They're both nice in ways, and they both need changes in aspects. I vastly prefer the skin and hair color on the Sideshow. XM's is way too tan and the hair is too orangey (marigold is what I call it). The XM has a much better base though and the sculpted cape. On the flip side, the blue lipstick on the XM belonged on the long haired portrait, not the classic Hellfire Club short haired portrait. Sideshow made the same mistake too and put the blue lipstick on the shorter haired EX, however, that hair wasn't really classic looking bob so it didn't look as out of place.

While I love the base and pose on the XM, I am bothered by the fact that the base is Hellfire Club, but the outfit she's in is one of her X-Men outfits. It would have been a grail Emma if she were actually in her Hellfire Club costume and her skin and hair weren't painted in such off-putting (to me) colors. Not to mention, in most normal, natural light, her costume isn't white either. It's silvery gray. Not my pic (taken from Facebook), but this illustrates what she looks like in person.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:13 PM   #1317
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

NorthernLadMSP, XM Emma, is still the best one out there. You are lucky to have her.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:33 AM   #1318
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nelly had hers…

VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:14 AM   #1319
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
While I love the base and pose on the XM, I am bothered by the fact that the base is Hellfire Club, but the outfit she's in is one of her X-Men outfits. It would have been a grail Emma if she were actually in her Hellfire Club costume and her skin and hair weren't painted in such off-putting (to me) colors. Not to mention, in most normal, natural light, her costume isn't white either. It's silvery gray. Not my pic (taken from Facebook), but this illustrates what she looks like in person.
This.

I wonder if the Hellfire Club outfit ship has sailed for licensed statues at this point.... with that atrocious SS PF being the last hoorah.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #1320
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I wonder if the Hellfire Club outfit ship has sailed for licensed statues at this point....
This seems to be the case for almost anything mutant related before the 90s.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote