Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-15-2019, 04:17 PM   #321
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Since there's no news on expanding the X-Men 92 line, I've decided to add some new characters from other lines. Can you spot my first imposter?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190515_161254.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	667.7 KB
ID:	123328  
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:35 PM   #322
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Nice. I added the IS Colossus to my Koto lineup for now
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:42 AM   #323
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
Would love to see a photo of that!
Old 05-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #324
Tushar
Hellboy

Based on their recent choices, I'm beginning to worry Koto will go bankrupt before they have a chance to expand this line.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #325
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
The IS Mystique should go nicely as well.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #326
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Based on their recent choices, I'm beginning to worry Koto will go bankrupt before they have a chance to expand this line.

I agree as well. 90% of their recent releases have been heavily discounted. Last Jedi releases had to hurt the line. Also, they're not going to get retail or anywhere near that imo for the premier line. You can go on Amazon or eBay and see that a large majority of their releases are at least $20-$25 under MSRP.

I just bough Infinity War Thanos for $64 (MSRP $100) and Dr. Strange, which just came out, for $76 (MSRP $110). I'm really interested in seeing how low the Iron Spider statue goes. It's the one I want most, but has an outrageous MSRP of $120. I do wonder sometimes if they stretch the initial MSRP to see who will buy up front based off of hype. That way, they could make up for the reductions most statues get down the road.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #327
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
I agree as well. 90% of their recent releases have been heavily discounted. Last Jedi releases had to hurt the line. Also, they're not going to get retail or anywhere near that imo for the premier line. You can go on Amazon or eBay and see that a large majority of their releases are at least $20-$25 under MSRP.

I just bough Infinity War Thanos for $64 (MSRP $100) and Dr. Strange, which just came out, for $76 (MSRP $110). I'm really interested in seeing how low the Iron Spider statue goes. It's the one I want most, but has an outrageous MSRP of $120. I do wonder sometimes if they stretch the initial MSRP to see who will buy up front based off of hype. That way, they could make up for the reductions most statues get down the road.
I honestly think they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Most of their sales probably come from the anime product they sell.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #328
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I honestly think they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Most of their sales probably come from the anime product they sell.

I don't think they would fold, but I worry about them not pursuing more Marvel/Star Wars/DC and becoming simply Bishoujo/Anime. I think, if they can, KOTO needs to play it safe and release statues that would absolutely make them $$. If feasible, re-release past statues that have gone up in price and demand.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #329
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
I don't think they would fold, but I worry about them not pursuing more Marvel/Star Wars/DC and becoming simply Bishoujo/Anime. I think, if they can, KOTO needs to play it safe and release statues that would absolutely make them $$. If feasible, re-release past statues that have gone up in price and demand.
Love that idea. DC is remaking several of their fine art statues 1/2 size and at 1/2 price. As someone who started collecting Koto late, I'd love to get 1/2 scale of the Sosa X-Men statues. I'd pay for those before I'd buy the premier ARTFX line.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:42 PM   #330
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Would love to see a photo of that!
Not the best display, I currently have them crammed on one Detolf shelf lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X-men.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	123387  
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote