Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 10-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
alexeicrow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Painters need help in buying an extra airbrush

HI All,

Been painting with airbrush lately. I am still getting the hand of things and so far i am working well altough i am understanding that i need another aurbrush to complement my Iwata HP A+ as its a very fine aibrush with 0.2mm nozzel and it only holds a capacity of 0.8ml which is very little to cover large areas.

I am unsure if to get the Iwata HP C+ with 0.3mm needle or the Iwata Eclipse HP CS with 0.35mm needle. Both hold 9mls of paint. The other option is same combination but the HP-B+ with 0.2mm nozzel but a capacity of 1.8ml of paint but also with a 0.2mm nozzel/needle. The Eclipse HP-BS has a 0.35mm nozzel but also hold 1.8ml of paint.

I need this airbrush to cover basecoats and also primer (same conisistency of paint). I want it to spray in a wider range than my current airbrush. This new one will not be a replaceemnt but an addition.

PLease all your comments are highly valuable.

Regards
Alexei
alexeicrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I have a Thayer and Chandler Omni 4000 that I like quite a bit. Has a nice big gravity feed and uses a one tip one needle system. You can do some pretty tight detail work as well as broad base coating with it. Hope that helps.
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote