Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Raven08
Doh!

bloody drool

Hello, I need some advice on creating realistic bloody drool. I want to make it dripping off teeth and pooling on the ground. Thank you!
Raven08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

A lot of folks around here like to use 5 minute epoxie, I'm personally a fan of Woodland Scenics "Water effects". I used it to create the icicles on a winter base recently and I'm sure it would do drool fine.

edit: here's the link to my piece. Blow up some of the pictures of the base to see how I did the icicles.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=124598

Last edited by Voshizle@gmail.; 03-04-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added link
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Raven08
Doh!

Hey thank you, I will see if I can find that, and experiment with the epoxie too. Your work is great by the way!
I suppose I will have to experiment with different reds too, see which looks the best, the most realistic.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #4
Voshizle@gmail.

Thanks! Yea experimentation will help to find what works best. If you use the water effects feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to help. It comes out of the bottle as a white paste, almost like tacky glue but dries crystal clear. For my icicles I would cut 4-6 varied lengths of fishing line and dip them in it until it was icicle shaped. The cool thing about that method is that it dries so clear and binds with the fishing line so you can't even tell there's fishing line in it. If you did that method you could probable just put some red ink or something over it with maybe a little brown to get it properly blood colored.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #5
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Check with resin addict...he has a crezzy thing he does with like a water effect
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
Raven08
Doh!

I'm going to try the epoxy first since I have it here. I want the drool to be streaked with blood, not a solid red. I think the epoxy should be completely mixed, then a dab of red added and sort of swirled around just a little. I don't know, seems like the paint should not be thinned out with anything first? I am just guessing.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
Voshizle@gmail.

I would just make a little mock up of the item you want to add drool to and play around with some different techniques on it until you find something that you like. As far as watering down the paint, I'd just stick to an ink or something.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Raven08
Doh!

Good idea, red ink! Thank you, I actually have a bottle.