Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-24-2018, 11:46 PM   #181
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

P1 has been doing so many great pieces lately I was surprised they went the "value" road with their version of this. Figured it would be huge base, not vinyl, and epic production paint, but be 1.5-2x as much. Just makes it that much easier to decide on the CC version for me if I end up ordering either Blue.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #182
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
A few thoughts:

vinyl? Well, okay I guess? I suppose? Does vinyl material in any way warrant a $900 price tag even in baby blue size? Even if it were some super vinyl plastic ancient secret recipe recently rediscovered in the highlands of somewhere in Europe, I don't see vinyl as an expensive material, just a useful material in certain situations. This is one of those times where it feels like customers could save hundreds of dollars but get charged the status quo pricing because it's status quo, it's expected, people will pay it, and it's an uncommon opportunity to make more money than you usually do. But it just seems and feels like that, I am by no means assuming it to be the truth.

At the end of the day, vinyl is plastic. It's just that when it comes to hearing the word vinyl, as American, you can't help but associate it to, well, vinyl in America and how vinyl is the cheapo standard for cheaper products. Although as I understand it, plastics of all types are heavily used in this hobby for one reason or another.

Is it me or does the CC blue seem far more accurate and faithful to the movie since they had access to the digi files? and Prime 1 doesn't, I guess? Because CC's blue looks way better as baby blue while Prime's looks like adult blue but shrunk down. To my eyes CC has a very easy win in appearance but Prime has a very easy win in paint app, even if it's not accurate and it may not be I'd have to look at the scenes again. It's just a really nice looking dinosaur. But at the end of the day I'm an accuracy guy.

I am quite shocked at first when I saw the $899 price tag and was getting ready to eat a hat or a crow or something but then I saw vinyl and new views of Prime blue and I feel comfortable in declaring I need not eat away. Prime clearly had to make sacrifices in order to get the green light to sell their blue. CC is very protective of the licenses they pay for, there is no way they would just agree to a straight up competition out of the kindness of their heart, as how I understand it, the reason Prime 1 has access to JP is because CC allowed it. Now that may be wrong but other people were saying it and I am repeating it.

If somehow someway Prime 1 is totally apart from CC because they are overseas then hey, I got nothing on why they would go with vinyl and a 899 price. So far they have not held back on product or pricing. Maybe they made sacrifices to compete against CC. But my money is on forced sacrifices because CC is selling Prime 1's baby through their website. I don't think anyone would take that gut + nut punch willingly in real competition.
They used the same files too. Imo, P1's BB has better pose, better paint (although is not super accurate)and better detail. And the base is icing on the cake. The vinyl issue...well, yeah, i guess it could have been cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180724-234722_Chrome.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	115527  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:30 PM   #183
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We spoke to Glen at the show and he said that no one from another company contacted them and they may be using someone from the UK office.

Ours is the only one that Glen worked on and since he created several of the dinosaurs from the new films and most certainly is credited and works for ILM, we'll let him tell you what he thinks.

https://www.facebook.com/chronicleco...8176975775470/

Paul

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 07-25-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:29 AM   #184
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

The hub for jurassic world 2 was London. Most of the job has been done overthere.
Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #185
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I thought it was clear that Prime 1's baby Blue was not from ILM files?

You can see that CC's scales/osteoderms/scutes are flatter, and Prime 1's are rounded.
On CC's see the large pentagonal scale on the right side of face, very different on P1's (see attached image)

I pointed out on the P1 forum that the nodule like osteoderms on the back of the neck (on the Prime 1) are too few and too symetrical compared to trailer screenshots. But i might be wrong there, I can't find a clear image of the back of CC's Blues neck.

If I am right, the artist that did the Prime 1 Blue is amazing, perhaps the scales were taken from the adult. Still the folds on the neck are excellent and very naturalistic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-26 06.40.54.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	115574  
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #186
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
I thought it was clear that Prime 1's baby Blue was not from ILM files?

You can see that CC's scales/osteoderms/scutes are flatter, and Prime 1's are rounded.
On CC's see the large pentagonal scale on the right side of face, very different on P1's (see attached image)

I pointed out on the P1 forum that the nodule like osteoderms on the back of the neck (on the Prime 1) are too few and too symetrical compared to trailer screenshots. But i might be wrong there, I can't find a clear image of the back of CC's Blues neck.

If I am right, the artist that did the Prime 1 Blue is amazing, perhaps the scales were taken from the adult. Still the folds on the neck are excellent and very naturalistic.
Lips are totally different, which one got it right?
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #187
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Maybe its the lights but Chronicles looks "flat" shouldn't the raptor skin have a tiny bit more shine?
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #188
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
Maybe its the lights but Chronicles looks "flat" shouldn't the raptor skin have a tiny bit more shine?
this is one of my issues with CC's.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #189
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
Must be the lights...the 1/1 Raptor bust has a bit of shine and looks perfect in hand.
I expect this to turn out the same.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #190
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

IF P1 is not from an ILM file than BRAVO to that artist because if they did that from photos alone...in some ways that's more impressive
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote