Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Doctor Strange Artfx+ Premier with New Avengers

Hi guys!

So I was gutted when the New Avengers artfx+ line didn’t include Doctor Strange, as for the overall Marvel collection his absence is extremely noticeable.

I’m wondering if the artfx+ premier version would match in terms of scale and aesthetic. I realise they’re both 1/10 but sometimes the feel of the statue is too different to match.

Does anyone have any comparison pics of the artfx+ premier pieces with any of the other artfx+ statues released? Doesn’t have to be Doctor Strange!

Thanks very much!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:52 AM   #2
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post

I’m wondering if the artfx+ premier version would match in terms of scale and aesthetic.
Scale: Yes. Aesthetic: No.

I don't have any Premier statues. This is what I can tell from the pics.

The ArtFX+ statues, at least the comic-based ones, went for a clean, sharp look. There was always subtle shading to enhance the overall beauty, but the intent clearly was to create a plain comic-book costume.

With the Premier line, the intent is to go into a hyper-detailed version of said costume. (I mean, look at the stitches around Cap's star. Never saw that even in the most detailed splash page.) Some seem to like this approach, some think it's overdone. Either way, it definitely doesn't mesh well with the earlier ArtFX+ design, IMO.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote