Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #1531
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

A long time ago in a galaxy of posts far far away in this topic, someone recommended using a hair drier on high setting to heat up the statue wrist for 10 or 15 minutes and very carefully bend them in place.

That apparently the statue can warp because of the high heat outside right now.

If you do attempt it, be very gentle. I do not make any guarantees it will work, only that a few posters that got the original little mermaid did that and were successful.

Beyond that, you may just want to try and exchange again. It's your call.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:01 PM   #1532
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
My Morning arrived, so I of course pulled my original out of storage to view them together.

My original is a replacement from Sideshow because the first one I received had problems fitting the wrists and tail flush into the base at the same time. The replacement fit fine...

... only now it doesn't. In fact it's worse than the first one.

It's almost like something has flexed over time. I can only fit two points of contact at a time.

Hoping to get some insight from people here, or better yet, advice on how to fix.

Glad they changed the way the variants assemble. But it makes me want a reissue of the original.
Heat it up with a hairdryer and see if it doesn't go back to its original form without having to apply pressure to it, if it doesn't then LIGHTLY apply pressure to get it to fit right... usually 20 secs with the hairdryer on blast is all you need to really warm up the piece, be careful as the piece could be very hot.

*** If you're applying pressure, try at your own risk ***
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #1533
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
*** If you're applying pressure, try at your own risk ***

Let it be known that built2shred has removed himself from any and all liability for stated mermaid/hairdryer remedies.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #1534
camaro803
Doh!

I don't suppose anyone has a spare tail they somehow got for the original green version? I was dusting and the tail fell over and a fin broke off. I tried going through Sideshow but they are out of replacement parts. I've also tried fixing it and not having any luck getting it to hold.
camaro803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:19 PM   #1535
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

Let it be known that built2shred has removed himself from any and all liability for stated mermaid/hairdryer remedies.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote