Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-15-2018, 11:28 PM   #981
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
the cape around the neck was better before though.
I prefer the updated version, looks more natural
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #982
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

I'm curious- what do you guys like on the updated piece? Looks so off to me- especially the extra detail of the legs.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #983
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
I'm curious- what do you guys like on the updated piece? Looks so off to me- especially the extra detail of the legs.
In my honest opinion, the new stance makes him look more like he's ready to jump off the roof, versus the old stance where it almost looked like he was just 'chilling' and waiting. The new pose also makes him a bit taller and not so crouched down, I believe this will make this statue look even better and more comparable to the HUSH Superman as well since that one is so tall due to his 'floating' sculpt. Prime 1 also tweaked the cape as well, gave the flow a more detailed look, which added more depth to it. As far as the leg goes, I don't necessarily mind it because it is a 'Comic' inspired statue drawn by Jim Lee. This Batman is JACKED!!!! Don't get me wrong, I POed this the second it went up at SS and I didn't have any complaints about it then. Now, it's even better than it was with this minor tweak and the anticipation continues.

Prime 1 really does listen to their customers so it makes it easier for me to stand by their product and I don't hesitate to PO their statues the second it goes up.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:09 PM   #984
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
I fell out of love with the piece after the changes. It reminds me more of how Jim Lee draws Batman now, where the muscles are defined by a lot of unnecessary line/hatch work instead of Batman simply being a massive figure who still looked imposing when covered mostly in shadow. Now the suit really looks like it's surgically attached to him like a second skin rather than Batman just being a tank, like Lee drew him during that run.

jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #985
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I fell out of love with the piece after the changes. It reminds me more of how Jim Lee draws Batman now, where the muscles are defined by a lot of unnecessary line/hatch work instead of Batman simply being a massive figure who still looked imposing when covered mostly in shadow. Now the suit really looks like it's surgically attached to him like a second skin rather than Batman just being a tank, like Lee drew him during that run.

Pretty convenient covers IMO.

Jim Lee uses shadow when he wants but when he don't...muscles everywhere.
Check HUSH again because it is what it is.

Anyways I undestand what you mean but you can't put that kind of deep shadows in a statue.

Jim lee's batman suit is a pajama and under that you will find an incredible and unbelievable bulky body.

letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #986
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Since they are doing a fabric cape version for Superman and Huntress, is there any possibility that there will be a fabric cape version for Batman?
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #987
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Since they are doing a fabric cape version for Superman and Huntress, is there any possibility that there will be a fabric cape version for Batman?
I think they shouldn't do that. I pre ordered Batman in a local store and if they would release a fabric cape version it wouldn't be fair because I can't cancel my order and go for the fabric one.
I have the fabric superman pre ordered so a fabric Bats would be awesome but if you can't cancel your pre ordered, what's the point?

That kind of moment would be disrespectful with their customers imo. Next time people won't pre order because they won't be sure if it will be a "better" (another option) version of the figure in the near future.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #988
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsroy View Post
I think they shouldn't do that. I pre ordered Batman in a local store and if they would release a fabric cape version it wouldn't be fair because I can't cancel my order and go for the fabric one.
I have the fabric superman pre ordered so a fabric Bats would be awesome but if you can't cancel your pre ordered, what's the point?

That kind of moment would be disrespectful with their customers imo. Next time people won't pre order because they won't be sure if it will be a "better" (another option) version of the figure in the near future.
I don't see why P1 wouldn't let your local store switch some orders from sculpted to fabric so that it wouldn't be a problem in situations like yours.

It just seems to me that if they are going for a sculpted/fabric choice on the others, it would be nice to do it for the whole line. Like you said, you would prefer it. Lot's of us would like both/all capes to match. I personally won't be getting Batman unless they do a fabric version.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #989
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Looks like they'll be featuring Hush Batman on next week's Sideshow live show.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:35 PM   #990
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Looks like they'll be featuring Hush Batman on next week's Sideshow live show.
cant wait to see them spin that thing around on the lazy susan, someones gonna lose an eye with that giant cape
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote