Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #521
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I just sent a request for a refund on all my orders(paid in full already). It's weird that some have said they could and some can't, I wonder if the paid in full vs deposits(less money) is the difference? It would be a big relief to get a refund, but a SS credit would be Ok I guess. I'll browse the SS site a bit, some of the Berserk P1 statues look nice!
Reason is simple, SS doesn't want to use their own money to issue refunds on behalf of another company that may not even be able to pay them back. Offering credits is a sure way that money comes full circle right back to SS through other purchases, there is no risk to SS.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #522
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^Very true, but like someone posted right before you they were offered a refund for their deposits. I'm just guessing they don't mind doing refunds for maybe under a grand, but don't want to pay out for someone like me who has multiple orders paid in full.

I am grateful that they are offering though, even if it's their credit.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #523
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
^Very true, but like someone posted right before you they were offered a refund for their deposits. I'm just guessing they don't mind doing refunds for maybe under a grand, but don't want to pay out for someone like me who has multiple orders paid in full.
I think they're approaching some circumstances a little different. I'm sure PCS will be getting a bill from SS regardless because they will have to issue some refunds. But they will push the option that is in their favour first. I bet depending how much pushback they get from the customer they will then be left with offering a straight up refund. However, if they start getting a tsunami of refund requests (which I'm sure is already happening) they will likely only give SS credits as the only compensation. At least that's what I would do if I were SS. No way in hell am I paying the bills and obligations for another company.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:35 PM   #524
qz33
Doctor Doom

Remember that SS credit only costs Sideshow a much smaller amount due to their markup.

I had a missed package from Fed-Ex twice.
First time they left a note saying sign and leave tag on the door.
Did that then 2nd time didn't deliver saying someone had to be there.
I didn't hear them and called 6 minutes after the listed delivery attempt.

Told them to bring it back and was told no they only try once per day. Told them about the tag and same answer.
Told them to contact the driver to come back. "No we have no way to contact the driver". Sure you do. Tell him to bring it back. Back and forth and a couple more demands guy finally says he can contact the local office. After holding 5 minutes he says the local office will have the driver bring it back.

Remember no matter the rules or procedures behind everything is always someone.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #525
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto View Post
Yes but here in europe...

@punisher
I try another discussion with the customer support.

Bad thing is english is my second language
@ Goto: Mine too. „Ich bin aus Deutschland. Wo kommst du her, zufällig auch aus Deutschland?“ Where are you from?
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #526
Evil Ryu
Fantastic Four

Is sideshow offering refunds or credits on any PCS statue? I have a couple of 1/3 Ryu’s that I put a deposit down on...don’t really want to continue with the line so it would be nice to at least have credits for those.
Evil Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #527
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ryu View Post
Is sideshow offering refunds or credits on any PCS statue? I have a couple of 1/3 Ryu’s that I put a deposit down on...don’t really want to continue with the line so it would be nice to at least have credits for those.
Either, Credit or they will send you a check...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #528
Evil Ryu
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Either, Credit or they will send you a check...
Cool. I wasn’t sure if they would offer either since PCS policy was that it was non-refundable.
Evil Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #529
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Sideshow just passed my refund back to PCS stating that PCS will handle it and to allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
However, I was told originally by PCS to allow 2-3 weeks of processing when I originally sent the defective Evil Ryu statue back before PCS's transition to Sideshow.

I will keep you all posted if I actually get my money back any time soon. But until then, I will continue to feel like a ping pong ball between two companies who don't really know what to do about my situation.
At least sideshow's customer service was really pleasant to deal with.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:55 AM   #530
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sifucatman View Post
I’m getting refunded via PayPal. Haven’t received it yet tho.

Could you elaborate on that? Most of us were told by Sideshow that a refund through paypal is not an option...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote