Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #81
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Action pose is great. Very dynamic and ferocity in the face is well done.

But, as I've said before, face is too fat. All three of them. Right bicep is too big or too round and left is not much better. If you look at the statue from the side view, his biceps are almost as big as his thighs. Thighs need to be thicker too.

There are many sculptors who have problems with biceps, making them look like balloons and delts/shoulder muscles looks like a bunch of bananas. They need to look at pictures of actual anatomy and not comic book drawings.
The only face that could use a bit more improvement is the unmasked one otherwise they all look great.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #82
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Anyone get this yet ?
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:27 AM   #83
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Looking forward to the full reveal.
I love your avatar. That grin is just great, its
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:38 PM   #84
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Even though I think the new SSC PF has a superior sculpt and base, I couldn't resist buying this when a deal came up. I should have one in a week or two.

I'm going to pair it with one of the GG collector gallery wolverines coming out later this year.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #85
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I almost ordered it since I love how Wolverine looks. Only thing that made me change my mind is the base and some other statues that I´m prioritizing right now.

I still think this is being underrated though, it has a nice presence in person.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:01 PM   #86
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
I almost ordered it since I love how Wolverine looks. Only thing that made me change my mind is the base and some other statues that I´m prioritizing right now.

I still think this is being underrated though, it has a nice presence in person.
I think it's underrated, but even more so it's being overshadowed by other Wolverines that have tons more detail. The only problem I have with this base is that it looks cheap. The Weapon X capsule makes perfect sense to me because I love the Hulk vs Wolverine cartoon and my favorite X-Men game is X-Men Legends, and in both of these Wolverine goes back to the Weapon X facility.

The bulging muscles also remind me of Marvel vs Capcom so I guess that doesn't bother me the way it does other people.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:51 PM   #87
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

And Ordered.. I toiled over this for the past two days.. Could not decide between this or SSC version.. This video did me in.

https://youtu.be/U7rxJi2CMr8
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #88
JAWS

Some in hand pics I found online.. I think this guy looks great.. I did not like the pics on SSC official site and they are what kept me from pulling the trigger more then once.. But the above video and the pics below sold me..

Hell I even like the unmasked head in these pics.. The classic mask looks great also IMO

I don't mind the base not being timeline accurate.. Its the spirit of the piece that matters and this captures the spirit of Wolverine..

300 addition size did not hurt either.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #89
JAWS

Another in hand pic...(Not Mine) This piece is very underrated IMO
I will know for sure in a week

Old 05-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #90
Master Pizza

I'm happy to say I received Wolverine intact!

I was pretty tired and it was dark when I took these pictures so forgive the quality.

The base actually looks much better in person, well at least the main portion. I still don't care much for the side attachment. I do like the first appearance portrait much more than I thought I would. IMO this piece looks best when it's up high and you are looking at it from below(I don't have any photos from that position). Looks like he's going to leap right out the base!

I decided to sit the heads on a magnet I had lying around to keep them stable and upright, and put that on a riser.

I'm glad I have a Wolverine and I really like this but I'm not sure I would be as happy if I had paid full price for it. The bottom of the base with the edition number is peeling a little bit and the tissue paper was sticking to the glue they used to put it on. The claws look good but they aren't as sharp as I had hoped. The portraits look good when they're on the statue, but they are disappointing compared to the faces on my other Iron Studios statues. And I'm not going to display the art print that comes with the statue, even though I do appreciate it looks like the image was hand drawn on paper. It just doesn't look like much effort was put into it.

Anyway, I think this is a very good substitute if you've ever wanted the OG PF but don't like mixed media statues.