The Flash

That was painful to watch.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #1132
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Good on Jason for posting that video. He could have re-shot it, or not posted a video at all. Showing it as it happened leaves us with a great example of how careful we have to be with these pieces. When I’m assembling a Sideshow piece, I usually have my iPad near and bring up the production pics on Sideshow’s site as a reference to what goes where, and that helps a lot.

Plus, there were legitimate QC issues with his piece. Gaps that none of us would be happy with, and Sideshow did send him a replacement.
I agree. Nothing obliged him to post his unfortunate video. But he did it. And it's cool. This looks just like a bad time. It happens to everybody.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #1133
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Good on Jason for posting that video. He could have re-shot it, or not posted a video at all. Showing it as it happened leaves us with a great example of how careful we have to be with these pieces. When I’m assembling a Sideshow piece, I usually have my iPad near and bring up the production pics on Sideshow’s site as a reference to what goes where, and that helps a lot.

Plus, there were legitimate QC issues with his piece. Gaps that none of us would be happy with, and Sideshow did send him a replacement.

Sometimes i really wonder if anyone watches Out of the box videos sideshow posts. If its a piece i am getting i watch it to see how to assemble. If its available/posted by collectors i watch that as well. Just takes a few minutes to plan ahead. Pretty obvious, that he did not do this.

The sounds the statue was making when he was trying to assemble was something I've never heard, yes a good learning experience as far as how careful we need to be!

As far as QC yes, on mine there is a gap on the switchout arms on initial placement but is corrected but very minor pushing in. The leg onto the base mine has a gap, and a tight fit. It is hardly noticeable.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #1134
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Sorry, that person is a f***ing moron and then blames Sideshow for their ignorance. Reminds me of the idiots on Amazon who clearly order the wrong thing and blame Amazon for it in their 1-star reviews.

I really hope Sideshow doesn't have an affiliation with that reviewer.

Just embarrassing. SMH.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #1135
French Cancan
Deadman

DON'T TRY THAT AT HOME

Just an interlude to relax...

Hi, Aspen, you're right! Water can be magic!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #1136
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Even although i own the Aspen statue from Sideshow, the other day i watched an unboxing video from the Odd Couple, although only one of the 'couple' was present. I couldn't believe how heavy handed the unboxer was. He breaks 2 parts off the base. He also attempts to attach Aspen to the base BACKWARDS ?

Sure there is an issue with the arm. I just got the impression he was more concerned with his video, than he was about the statue? during the cutting of the tape, he knocks the ON AIR sign. While assembling a statue, why do it on a rotating base?

Aspen Premium Format Exclusive Unboxing Sideshow Collectibles The Odd Couple
https://youtu.be/MUewuzrelCc

What would Sideshow think, if they watched this video?

During the video he refers to the 'little fish' as being the exclusive. As far as i am aware, the 'Seahorse' ships with all Aspen pieces. The exclusive is the extra arm.

One more thing. The unboxer mentions that there should be instructions. There really isn't much to put together. I found it very straight forward, putting Aspen together
I don't want to be offensive but the guy in the video is not very smart, he seems to rush the assembly and blame Sideshow...
I wouldn't buy something from him, doesn't seems to be very cautios with his statues.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #1137
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I kept saying “It’s backwards” while watching him assemble her in that video.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:47 PM   #1138
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

*snap* “ahh snapped off straight away, how poorly constructed is this, not impressed SS, really not impressed.”

*realizes he was putting it on the wrong way, continues to blame SS* This video is gold.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #1139
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Aspen Premium Format Exclusive Unboxing Sideshow Collectibles The Odd Couple
https://youtu.be/MUewuzrelCc

...most awful unboxing I've ever seen!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:06 PM   #1140
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

What was he doing with the regular arm at first?

It’s like the guy had never seen the statue until he opened the box.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote