Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #41
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Shane has been nothing but good to me ever since I started dealing with him. Always quick to respond to emails and follow up. Always covered me with returns and replacements. I've been dealing with him since 2010, never had a problem.

Chris
I've bought a lot of stuff from Shane over the years and never had anything but a great experience.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #42
thx217
Ultimates

Yea, Shane is solid.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #43
Vader
Ghost

I missed a couple of pre-orders through secret compass (as they were allocated). I feel safer buying directly from the retailer now. I guess I don't have the same history with Shane.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #44
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Just pull the trigger on 209 and Cain, V. International orders will make 1000 pcs like 100 pcs. Beside, if you want the Robo statue to happen, just to help Chronicle to make the decision much easier.
I'm in for cain and ed-209.

Did they do a robocop 1/6 scale replica for filming the movie, or will it just be an original sculpt?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #45
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I'm in for cain and ed-209.

Did they do a robocop 1/6 scale replica for filming the movie, or will it just be an original sculpt?
They did - for stop-motion scenes used when fighting ED or Cain.

I wouldn't consider a 1/6 RoboCop from Chronicle quite as definitive as their ED and Cain though. I prefer PCS' usage of the actual Weller suit, in creating their 1/4.

It will be interesting to see Chronicle's pricing on a 1/6 puppet replica, compared to PCS' 1/4 suit replica.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:17 AM   #46
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
They did - for stop-motion scenes used when fighting ED or Cain.

I wouldn't consider a 1/6 RoboCop from Chronicle quite as definitive as their ED and Cain though. I prefer PCS' usage of the actual Weller suit, in creating their 1/4.

It will be interesting to see Chronicle's pricing on a 1/6 puppet replica, compared to PCS' 1/4 suit replica.
I agree with you on Chronicle's yet to be seen 1/6.

But I wouldn't say PCS's 1/4 is a "suit replica". Based on what I've seen so far, it still need a bit of work to get there. Don't get me wrong, PCS's 1st attempt so far is good, but using the suit as the references to create a scaled replica does NOT mean it's the most accurate out there. The piece was sculpted, not 3D scanned and sized down print outs. There are things I can point out about the PCS suit that need some tweakage. But hey, it's it what it is. No one get this kind of stuff right on the first go. Unless, like Chronicle, they go straight to the source and replicate the thing IN SCALE with the original. It may not apply to the possiable 1/6 of course.

With that said, PCS's 1st attempt is great(compare to Sideshow sad attempt). Can't say it's there since it's missing some very characteristic stance. Not to mention the face sculpt(HT is way ahead of it in terms of likeness), the whole head needs work.

Personally, I'd love to see a tweaked PCS body with HT's latest 1/4 head sculpt/helmet(if it exists). That's something I'd send my credit card info over in a heart beat.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:40 AM   #47
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Here is Paul's comment from the 'Ask Chronicle' thread:

Quote:
We plan on doing Robocop in two different styles and colors. Mark Dubeau of Tippett Studios is going to oversee this process personally. The puppets for Robocop were crude and for Robocop 2 they recast Horizon model kits to make the puppets.

We didn't want to use either of those options to make our replica. So Mark (the guy that made the Robocop Detroit files) scanned the original suit that Phil Tippett owns and is making it movie accurate in every way for both films.

There are subtle differences in the design of the suits from Robocop to Robocop 2. There are also glaring paint differences.

I would like to make each one as if he lives in the puppet's universe so if you displayed them together, they fit to a specific scene.

Being 1/6th scale we hope to hit that $150 price range and offer several arms and head options. I don't know if that will be possible because Hot Toys license is for multiple part toys. We may end up having to make a resin statue, but it should be very accurate with the original suits we have for reference.

We need to finish up ED-209 and Cain before we start Robocop, but he's on our list.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #48
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Hey Guys,

Great stuff, love the way you keep it rolling over here. I don't think you need me at all....

First up Shane at Secret Compass is one of a handful of companies that are allowed to carry Cain and Ed in the USA.

ED-209 is as close as you will ever get to the actual screen used puppet, it's molded part for part. We even made changes based on comments from the SF regarding a few changes that were made for Robocop 3. We've made all the changes to get it 100% accurate to several scenes in Robocop.

Our Robocop will be coming next year and it will be the most accurate version ever offered. How do we know this? Phil Tippett owns an original suit and we are scanning it and working with Tippett artists to ensure it's 100%.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #49
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Our Robocop will be coming next year and it will be the most accurate version ever offered. How do we know this? Phil Tippett owns an original suit and we are scanning it and working with Tippett artists to ensure it's 100%.

Paul

Now let's worry about the head/face sculpt.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #50
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

After all these years, all the tries, the definitive Robocop statue is coming. Thank you Chronicle and I hope you won't meet troubles with the Weller likeness.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote