Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #291
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Just received the armored batman pf and the footpegs dont fit in the base holes no matter what. Sideshow is the only statue company i constantly have problems with. Do they even have quality control? My time is too valuable for this crap. I´m switching to P1.
They claim in their book that the shipping department does the final QC on the statues but who knows. I don't know why they accept such poor quality items, maybe they get them at discount? They give their producers enough work and money that they can be pickier for their customers.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #292
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Just received the armored batman pf and the footpegs dont fit in the base holes no matter what. Sideshow is the only statue company i constantly have problems with. Do they even have quality control? My time is too valuable for this crap. I´m switching to P1.
There's been a number of reports lately on Facebook from people having issue's with Prime 1 statues. One guy has a Robin 1/3 scale who's foot is off the base, failing to connect. There's other issue's with other statues too. There is a 1/2 Superman that leans backwards! Comments tended to focus on Prime 1 pushing too much through their factory, over working staff, cutting corners to deliver on time. This is just speculation though. It appears Prime 1 have their issues also.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #293
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

They all have their issues. It's how they address the issues that really matters.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #294
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
I started in the hobby due to winning a SS piece in a contest. It was another forum member's return. That was fun.
Wow, just wow...
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:15 AM   #295
ukshaun
Hercules

Not so much a complaint, as a slight annoyance.
Sideshow offering free global shipping on some 1/4 statues, but never the 1/4 statue i want
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #296
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Not so much a complaint, as a slight annoyance.
Sideshow offering free global shipping on some 1/4 statues, but never the 1/4 statue i want
In Sideshow's defense name another statue company out there that offers free shipping? Especially on items that large. I honestly don't think there are any.

In all the years I've been ordering from them I think I've had only one piece ship free myself and that was the Jango Fett PF. They use it as a marketing ploy to help push certain pieces for various reasons. I for one don't find it annoying in the slightest.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #297
Dukefrukem
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

So I took a little time off from collecting (about 18 months) and I was shocked to learn how expensive some of these Polysstone figures are now.

I used to be able to buy the Polystone statues between, $300-500, like the Alien ones for example. (there were always ones that were much more money, but there were a lot around this price point)

I checked today and the cheapest one is $749 with most of them around $999-1999. Does anyone know why?
Dukefrukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #298
FJC
Midnighter

Hi Alex, can I ask....what's up with the noticeable lean on the new Wolverine PF? It wasn't there on the prototype shown at SDCC or NYCC. It looks all kind of awkward/bad to me after seeing it on SS live.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:36 PM   #299
FROBAY
Phoenix

Not a QC issue but a company shipping policy issue on pre orders...

The 4 piece Iron Studios Spider-Man 1/10 scale dio comes out next week. Sideshow refuses to ship any of them together, making them pretty expensive. They could easily put 2 in one shipping box. The avengers set is gonna be $100's in shipping, one piece at time. Something to think about on my future Sideshow 1/10 Iron Studio orders.

Sideshow told me if you ordered them when they are in stock (instead of pre ordering) they might be able to accommodate combined shipping. There system doesn't allow them to combine pre orders even when ordered together.

Edit: Yep, just got my IS 1/10 Spider-Man Dio in 4 tiny shipping boxes. These could have easily been shipped in 1 or 2 boxes and saved the consumer some money. BBTS is the way to go on these.

Last edited by FROBAY; 07-12-2018 at 05:41 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:19 AM   #300
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

With sideshow statue you will have a 50 % chance to have a piece of s**t and 50 % chance to have a flawless piece....well if you like gambling with a thousand dollars its perfect for you!🤣🤣🤣They need to get their act together because now i am only use them to order prime 1 statues...Sideshow statue is too much risky imo these day and not the same as before...
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote