sparda
The Avengers

Reaction from the chat:

sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #32
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Hi All! I wanted to pop in and pass along some additional information in hopes of clearing up any confusion. First and foremost, though, I want to apologize for any frustration and confusion Sideshow's new payment processing that was recently implemented may have caused for our international customers.

We've partnered with GoInterpay, which allows our U.S. based business to charge purchases in customers local currencies. For a majority of our international collectors, this new service will ELIMINATE the average 3% Foreign Exchange (FX) fee, assessed by most credit cards to convert USD. Some of you might not realize you are charged this fee as it is usually done by your credit card company and would only appear on your monthly statement. Now there are some experienced international shoppers that have already figured out other ways to avoid that Foreign Exchange (FX) fee, and for them, we will be providing a way to have their charges all process in USD. This function will be on the website within the next few days (probably the next 24 hours *crossing fingers*). Bottom line…most folks will see a 3% savings shopping with Sideshow.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:25 AM   #33
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Hi All! I wanted to pop in and pass along some additional information in hopes of clearing up any confusion. First and foremost, though, I want to apologize for any frustration and confusion Sideshow's new payment processing that was recently implemented may have caused for our international customers.

We've partnered with GoInterpay, which allows our U.S. based business to charge purchases in customers local currencies. For a majority of our international collectors, this new service will ELIMINATE the average 3% Foreign Exchange (FX) fee, assessed by most credit cards to convert USD. Some of you might not realize you are charged this fee as it is usually done by your credit card company and would only appear on your monthly statement. Now there are some experienced international shoppers that have already figured out other ways to avoid that Foreign Exchange (FX) fee, and for them, we will be providing a way to have their charges all process in USD. This function will be on the website within the next few days (probably the next 24 hours *crossing fingers*). Bottom line…most folks will see a 3% savings shopping with Sideshow.
I'm all for that. Thanks for the update Alex
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:28 AM   #34
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

Thanks for the input Alex, appreciate it. I'm not sure how you guys are seeing the conversion rates on your end but Gointerpay is charging their fees, and sure, it doesn't seem like its 3% (on my end). It's closer to 2%. Thanos costs 1227USD in total, whereas my bank charges me 1.75%, meaning that I would pay around 1220. Sure it isn't THAT much, but it is an extra fee for us to pay.

Glad that you are working on this to make it optional, I appreciate the help. Kimberly is an absolute star, she followed this up for me and sent me email at 6 A.M her local time . Not sure what she does being up so early, but it makes me appreciate you guys even more so.

Regards,
Rad
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #35
ambasah
Red Skull

thanks for the clarification Alex.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #36
Johnneeukca
New Republic

I deliberately got a card that doesn't charge the foreign exchange fee ... so right now I'm worse off. I appreciate the ability to see the actual cost in CDN but charging me CDN with embedded fees ain't gonna work for me.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #37
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Personnally, I gladly see this change as when paying with my Visa card, it's approx. 3.0 - 3.5% conversion fees from USD->CAD on top of the currency exchange.
If this new move helps me save this (another one) fee, well then, GOOD JOB SSC!

What I do not understand is how it works?

For exemple, Iron Man Mark III Maquette
700 $US is listed 887.32 $CAD

From today XE.com conversion, it should be 870 $CAD.

So... once again, there's another 17$ fees... so... basically, I'm not saving anything?
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #38
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum18 View Post
Personnally, I gladly see this change as when paying with my Visa card, it's approx. 3.0 - 3.5% conversion fees from USD->CAD on top of the currency exchange.
If this new move helps me save this (another one) fee, well then, GOOD JOB SSC!

What I do not understand is how it works?

For exemple, Iron Man Mark III Maquette
700 $US is listed 887.32 $CAD

From today XE.com conversion, it should be 870 $CAD.

So... once again, there's another 17$ fees... so... basically, I'm not saving anything?
Yep, pretty much. If it's supposed to save the 3%, how is it...not saving anything when o see the live conversion? Makes no sense.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:10 PM   #39
Fremen
Birds of Prey

FYI and I don't know if it is related to this update or not
but they lost my most recent CC details that I updated in Nov
and my Venom charge was declined.

She said they have been have problems with this since the update of the website but didn't indicate what update.

I had to re-enter my CC details and then she tried and it went.

Nothing on my order showed it declined, I just phoned because I noticed it hadn't charged yet.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #40
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

The best option is ALWAYS to pay in local currency,when a company does the conversion for you,its because they are making money from you,they are not doing this to save you money....the ex-company I worked for in uk,always wanted us to get Americans,Canadians,to pay in uk sretling,so we could charge a fee for the exchange,...
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote