Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 11-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #21
jetpacksam
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I'm on board but I've got a lot of Harleys with pop guns and mallets. How about some Hyenas or some other prop like a bazooka?
or:

jetpacksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #22
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Are there any photos of the statue from different sides? From this side the statue is a pass.

CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #23
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpacksam View Post
or:

This scene would make a great TAS diorama!
Joker all intent on the next caper and here is Harley goofballing for attention.

Make it happen DC!
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #24
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I love that its classic, but it doesnt come close to the first harley cover girl statue
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:05 PM   #25
grphyx1
Kingpin

She does seem like she is making fun of the Royal Guards. I like it cause I like this rendition of Harley. do I need another Harley statue? maybe not, but this is a good one for present harley lovers that never got the original covergirls statue to jump on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwaf View Post
This was shown secretly at SDCC14 and now it's finally been revealed to the public.

As per the solicitation:

Interestingly, it was said at SDCC14 by attendees that it was the New 52 "Roller Derby" outfit. However, Artgerm (like his Ivy) chose to go the classic outfit.

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #26
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Trying to dial down my purchases. It's a lovely statue but I'm more than satisfied with my Adam Hughes Cover Girl Harl.
I'm in the same boat. I love my Adam Hughes Cover Girl Harley and will most likely to pass on this because of funding and shelf space.

I was so looking forward to a Roller Derby Harley. I'm still hoping that it's in the works down the line.
Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #27
Mister Papaya

The original certainly is stunning, however when the two are compared it's hard to say the original captures Harley's personality more than the new one. The old one has her just standing there, while the new one actually has her in a playful and somewhat acrobatic pose. She's actually doing something which is unique to the character alone and also somewhat pushes the limits for the sculptor instead of playing it safe. And yes while the mallet and pop-gun are very cliche, it's what she's known for.

Now I think we can all agree that the Adam Hughes statues are awesome, but it's hard to ignore that each of them are in a very generic pose that don't do the characters enough justice.

Again, I do love the Hughes statues. I own the Zatanna one myself and I'd buy the Harley one in a heartbeat if I could justify the cost. I don't wanna make it sounds like I'm hating on them :P
Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #28
jetpacksam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Papaya View Post
Now I think we can all agree that the Adam Hughes statues are awesome, but it's hard to ignore that each of them are in a very generic pose that don't do the characters enough justice.

This. This is exactly why the Bombshells line sucked me in so quickly.
jetpacksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:49 AM   #29
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Loving the pose! Very playful.

If I had one critique, it'd probably be that I wish her head was in a more adventurous position/showing a different expression. Thrown back laughing perhaps? The calm smile and stiff neck she's got going on look a little out of place to me.

Maybe different angles will convince me otherwise.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:35 AM   #30
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Loving the pose! Very playful.

If I had one critique, it'd probably be that I wish her head was in a more adventurous position/showing a different expression. Thrown back laughing perhaps? The calm smile and stiff neck she's got going on look a little out of place to me.

Maybe different angles will convince me otherwise.
I agree. For some reason, the calm smile-playful pose combination is a little unsettling. Although it is Harley Quinn so perhaps that is a good thing.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote