Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-18-2022, 05:10 PM   #21
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
It's been a wild season so far...infuriating if you're into fantasy football.
You're not kidding...I usually do well, but this season has been a disaster in 3 of my 4 leagues, just one of those years I guess.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:36 PM   #22
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
You're not kidding...I usually do well, but this season has been a disaster in 3 of my 4 leagues, just one of those years I guess.
Same...the one league I'm doing well in is the league I drafted a QB early (Josh Allen)...the others? Russell Wilson (0-6) and Matthew Stafford (1-5). Been wheelin' and dealin' trying turn those around.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:25 PM   #23
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Oh man, I drafted Russ in two leagues, big mistake I usually don't draft a QB before Round 6, but that may change next year.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:54 PM   #24
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So, Justin Herbert…is he still injured or what because he’ s looking mid-tier at best?

As an aside, being a Cowboys’ fan, it makes me happy that the NFC East, so far this season, is not looked upon with ridicule (with the exception of Washington).
Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:59 PM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
I?ve always been a closet Lions fan ever since I was little. Never even been to Michigan

It?s always the same every year for me. Like hitting yourself in the face with a bat every week

I?m really surprised at how good J Allen is ? and the Bills in general
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Oh man, I grew up a Lions fan and have been watching this farce of a franchise since the 80s. The last time this team won a playoff game was in the 1991 season (annihilated the Cowboys at the old Pontiac Silverdome to reach the NFC Championship game), and that remains the shining moment of my fandom. It was great being able to watch Barry Sanders, but everything else has been pretty dismal, and this year is no different. A lot of Lions fans were drinking the Honolulu Blue koolaid after watching Hard Knocks, but it's back to reality now
My god - I'm a Michigander and ditched the Lions long ago. They are the only Michigan pro team I'm not loyal to. Instead, I fell in love with the amazing catches of Mr. Cris-one handed grab-Carter. Which in turn made me a Vikings fan at 13. Haven't looked back since. I'd argue I'm far more soulcrushed than any Lions fan because the Vikings make you think they have a chance.

Just like this year. Which I KNOW we won't win because we have Kirk F'in Cousins as our QB. I can't express how much I hate him and the people who believe his stat monkey stats. Stats are wins. Stats are heart and passion. NOBODY is afraid of Cousins having the ball in the last 2 mins. Nobody. Man is afraid of his own shadow and can't win primetime night games.

So here my team sits at 5-1 and I have no joy in it because I know how it will end. Without a trip to the SB - again.

Sorry about the rant, but I really do love football. I miss having a QB I don't hate Oh and it's funny, my husband is born/raised Delaware and is a Lions fan because he loved Barry Sanders. I loved Barry too, and I believe he is the best RB I have ever seen, but I'm not a Lions fan.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:02 PM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Also, I live now in Eagles country. I can't stand it. And with ALL of the Philadelphia sports teams being so damn good, it's annoying because I'm so jealous. Don't sleep on those Eagles, I'm telling you. I watch them every week and that defense is GOOD. Like real good. Reminds me of their SB year.

At least I have UofM #GoBlue
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:16 AM   #27
Frankierock
Omega Red

Demona, I completely know how you feel as a 49ers fan about Cousins..he was rumored for months to become our next QB..I was screaming at the TV for weeks on end..guy is a Paper QB, puts up numbers but it’s mostly garbage time. Luckily for us he wen North..lol
Sorry, but I do get it..

Now maybe my team can do something, looks like we just traded for Christian McCaffrey as we speak..that’s definitely going to help us..
Ok things just got interesting again in the West. Go Niners!
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 02:40 AM   #28
AC_808
Hercules

That's hilarious Demona. Poor Lions. I really thought they had a strong chance after watching HBO Hard Knocks. I feel bad for them. I hope they at least have an 8 - 8 season.

I wonder if all fans of every NFL team felt the same way at some point or another ...the way you do about the Vikings. I know I did about the Cowboys when we had Romo. Always felt like we had a chance ...but always never got to the SB.

And unfortunately, I know what you mean about the Eagles. They are a strong team. I just have to hope that the Cowboys will beat them in the end.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 04:59 AM   #29
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh and it's funny, my husband is born/raised Delaware and is a Lions fan because he loved Barry Sanders. I loved Barry too, and I believe he is the best RB I have ever seen, but I'm not a Lions fan.
Barry was the most exciting football player I've ever seen...just sad he retired when he was still in his prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
At least I have UofM #GoBlue
Old 10-22-2022, 10:09 AM   #30
Mister H
Green Goblin

Barry was definitely the best back ever. Such a level headed and cool fella too. It was funny when he would tell stories about his grumpy dad always comparing him to Jim Brown….

Barry walks into a room
“Hey dad!”
“Yore still not better than Jim Brown!!”
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote