Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-23-2023, 07:31 PM   #471
Mister H
Gen 13

Although not an omnibus, Batman: Under the Red Hood is getting the deluxe hardcover treatment. In early September as well.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:33 PM   #472
Shoo
Hercules

Since we're talking Batman Omnis, "Golden Age vol. 10" (at last), "Batman: Detective Comics by Peter J. Tomasi" and "Batman and Robin Eternal" are also coming.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:57 PM   #473
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Not an omnibus but the new Absolute Swamp Thing is fantastic. Great pains were taken to restore Bernie Wrightson’s art and colors as true to the original colors as first published. This book’s a real treasure.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:27 AM   #474
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I was considering getting that, but I was going between that, and the swamp thing omnibus that would’ve had those stories in as well as his entire run of the original series, and then the Martin Pasko stories.
I did hear though that the Martin Pasko stories weren’t really the best and the run was just OK and I did read a few of the swamp things stories from the original run post Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson, and they were just kind of average

And speaking of absolute formats, I did get the Sandman Overture Absolute, and it just takes JH Williams artwork to an entirely new level. The book is truly stunning.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:41 AM   #475
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I was considering getting that, but I was going between that, and the swamp thing omnibus that would?ve had those stories in as well as his entire run of the original series, and then the Martin Pasko stories.
I did hear though that the Martin Pasko stories weren?t really the best and the run was just OK and I did read a few of the swamp things stories from the original run post Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson, and they were just kind of average

And speaking of absolute formats, I did get the Sandman Overture Absolute, and it just takes JH Williams artwork to an entirely new level. The book is truly stunning.
I have that Absolute Sandman Overture as well but haven?t cracked it yet. It?s sitting with my other Absolute Sandman and Death volumes, all of which I?ve read so I should get to the Overture book soon.

Back to Swamp Thing, I?ve also got the Bronze Age Omnibus but I just couldn?t pass up this Absolute volume. The presentation of the art and coloring just is so much better.
Old 03-29-2023, 04:04 PM   #476
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Grayson Omnibus Ordered
Fourth World by John Byrne Omnibus Ordered
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 04:22 PM   #477
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I read Grayson, and it was very good
I definitely think you’ll enjoy it quite a bit
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 04:40 PM   #478
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I read Grayson, and it was very good
I definitely think you?ll enjoy it quite a bit
My expectations for Grayson is really high as well. It is my shame that as a Batman guy, i still haven't read Grayson yet... It is somewhat DC's fault as well though... they printed the first vol. of Grayson as hard cover then turned to soft cover as collected editions... So i had to drop the book.

I was angry to DC for trying to fool me into getting soft covers like that so i passed on the title until now and now, i finally pulled the trigger on the Omnibus format. DC did the same for Green Arrow Rebirth and Batgirl of Burnside as well... I am thinking about getting the Batgirl of Burnside Omnibus and may be we get an Omnibus for the Green Arrow run as well someday.

This was all before i decided to get only Omnibuses for runs and Deluxes for mini and maxi series though.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:18 AM   #479
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Didn?t know there was a Spectre Omnibus?
Well, I finally bit on this one on eBay. Looking forward to digging in after it arrives.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:28 AM   #480
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Well, I finally bit on this one on eBay. Looking forward to digging in after it arrives.
So you get the only copy on ebay. Congratulations. (: Good decision, i would get that copy myself, if the price wasn't over the customes limit of my country.