Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 09-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #21
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Now I can feel safer knowing that people like you are among us.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #22
MrYac
Hercules

I got your back bud....as long as I don't see you dressed up as your favorite characters that is
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #23
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

This Point/Counterpoint debate brought to you by Statueforum.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #24
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
This Point/Counterpoint debate brought to you by Statueforum.
just so you know I consider being barefoot hobbit cosplay
Old 09-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #25
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
just so you know I consider being barefoot hobbit cosplay

LOL
Old 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #26
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I got your back bud....as long as I don't see you dressed up as your favorite characters that is
Never.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:18 AM   #27
TheBishop
Justice League

Ok so I’m currently serving police officer and this is just a really WIERD story. I generally never comment or make general assumptions on stories like this where there just isn't enough info to make a proper judgement. Clearly there is a lot left out as it’s extremely vague and leaves a lot to personal interpretation. Its also clear crucial details and context are completely absent as per the norm on stories the media initially rushes to put out.

That said, since we only have this weirdly written article I guess the only input I can point out is how there the info is very disjointed and makes no real sense.

FYI When police attend a scene they are usually given very little to NO INFORMATION from dispatch prior in context at all as far as what type of call they are responding to. Sometimes dispatch can’t get much accurate or detailed information from 911 callers. For example it will be a basic response call like “ anonymous caller reports a man aggressively wielding sword in public “… so thats what is told to the officers via radio so now police have to just go make inquiries on the scene to figure out WTF is going on.

At first read Im guessing that the officers most likely had an initial conversation with the guy and just assumed he may be a mental case depending on his responses and behavior towards them. ( I have gone to many jobs where I would not know ( and was not told prior ) that the person was mentally ill, or on drugs etc and then their behavior and response to just my presence being there was simply erratic and unpredictable, and at times it freaked me out. And sometimes they would be wielding weapons like a machete or other things)… The fact that this guy was in cosplay probably gave them a strong impression the guy was mental. Its not like people are used to seeing this on a daily and the average police officer is only gonna assume that especially if you cannot provide a coherent response to their initial inquiry.

So If you respond to their initial questions and inquiry like a psycho with a weapon in full cosplay acting mode lunging at police with a sword you are gonna get a full blown police response in return. Police are humans too so good luck rolling the dice because if your randomly selected sleep deprived officer chosen to attend your call is on the 11th hour of a 12 hour night shift of his last working day ( after 4 days straight ) and trying to deal with your sudden unnecessary psycho ass response on the fly because you really didn’t take the inquiry serious well thats on you.

If the guy responded verbally ( assumption here ) and did not take the police seriously - whilst also “ lunging at police with a sword” in close distance I guess perhaps they took it as some sort of threat - but even then there must be a justified belief that they believed the perceived threat would be carried out. -

And lets be real here, shooting someone ( especially a black man ) 6 times in back ( especially in 2021 )isnt really the attention any officers,( especially white )are trying to get so I can’t see them being “trigger happy” either.

It isn't a normal response to have unless on circumstances that were outside of the norm.

There just isn't enough information provided in the article to even begin to understand why the man would just suddenly lunge at all toward 2 police officers with a sword ( unless mentally challenged or fkin stupid ) and why the officers could not have initially maintained a safer distance away ( unless they didn’t feel threatened at first ) whilst having a conversation with the man to ascertain WTH is goin on - ( also were tasers or spray not an option and why ? ) Body Cams or other CCTV?

Perhaps more information will come out later but if it never hits CNN or FOX then I guess we will never know.
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:47 PM   #28
CoffeeTyrant
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBishop View Post
Ok so I’m currently serving police officer and this is just a really WIERD story. I generally never comment or make general assumptions on stories like this where there just isn't enough info to make a proper judgement. Clearly there is a lot left out as it’s extremely vague and leaves a lot to personal interpretation. Its also clear crucial details and context are completely absent as per the norm on stories the media initially rushes to put out.

That said, since we only have this weirdly written article I guess the only input I can point out is how there the info is very disjointed and makes no real sense.

FYI When police attend a scene they are usually given very little to NO INFORMATION from dispatch prior in context at all as far as what type of call they are responding to. Sometimes dispatch can’t get much accurate or detailed information from 911 callers. For example it will be a basic response call like “ anonymous caller reports a man aggressively wielding sword in public “… so thats what is told to the officers via radio so now police have to just go make inquiries on the scene to figure out WTF is going on.

At first read Im guessing that the officers most likely had an initial conversation with the guy and just assumed he may be a mental case depending on his responses and behavior towards them. ( I have gone to many jobs where I would not know ( and was not told prior ) that the person was mentally ill, or on drugs etc and then their behavior and response to just my presence being there was simply erratic and unpredictable, and at times it freaked me out. And sometimes they would be wielding weapons like a machete or other things)… The fact that this guy was in cosplay probably gave them a strong impression the guy was mental. Its not like people are used to seeing this on a daily and the average police officer is only gonna assume that especially if you cannot provide a coherent response to their initial inquiry.

So If you respond to their initial questions and inquiry like a psycho with a weapon in full cosplay acting mode lunging at police with a sword you are gonna get a full blown police response in return. Police are humans too so good luck rolling the dice because if your randomly selected sleep deprived officer chosen to attend your call is on the 11th hour of a 12 hour night shift of his last working day ( after 4 days straight ) and trying to deal with your sudden unnecessary psycho ass response on the fly because you really didn’t take the inquiry serious well thats on you.

If the guy responded verbally ( assumption here ) and did not take the police seriously - whilst also “ lunging at police with a sword” in close distance I guess perhaps they took it as some sort of threat - but even then there must be a justified belief that they believed the perceived threat would be carried out. -

And lets be real here, shooting someone ( especially a black man ) 6 times in back ( especially in 2021 )isnt really the attention any officers,( especially white )are trying to get so I can’t see them being “trigger happy” either.

It isn't a normal response to have unless on circumstances that were outside of the norm.

There just isn't enough information provided in the article to even begin to understand why the man would just suddenly lunge at all toward 2 police officers with a sword ( unless mentally challenged or fkin stupid ) and why the officers could not have initially maintained a safer distance away ( unless they didn’t feel threatened at first ) whilst having a conversation with the man to ascertain WTH is goin on - ( also were tasers or spray not an option and why ? ) Body Cams or other CCTV?

Perhaps more information will come out later but if it never hits CNN or FOX then I guess we will never know.
Appreciate your insight but this article is seven years old...
CoffeeTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:51 PM   #29
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeTyrant View Post
Appreciate your insight but this article is seven years old...
Yes, however it still applies even in 2021 lol, appreciate your insight though
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:33 PM   #30
MrYac
Hercules

well i enjoyed this trip down memory lane, i am hilarious and you guys are lucky to have me