Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-06-2023, 10:36 AM   #4541
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannomauris View Post
Tbh you're 100% right. Someone here told me to "return this garbage" and I thought that was a little exaggerated lol. The piece is gorgeous all in all and I can't even notice the damage right now, and less so after I do the repairs.

3-repair

Pros: 70$ credit (granted I know it should be more)
No waiting/further risk
I have confidence in a great repair.

Cons: I won't have a "fully mint" statue but only I will
know that
take these days to check the statue again to be sure there are no other obvious problems. Then you ask to Prime1 and tell them that what they offer is not enough for a repair and let's see what they say.
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:41 AM   #4542
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
So you would take a $2000 loss on shipping to address this issue? And additionally pay a few hundred more on shipping from the next retailer you order from?
I wouldn't have paid 2K shipping to begin with. This ain't worth it to me. Despite the estimate a fair portion of that sounds like taxes and though obviously painful could be reclaimed.

But yeah I would have made peace with the risks of losing the shipping in case of return or I would not ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yeah, it's amazing to me all the factors people brush aside as they step onto their soapbox.
Not a soapbox it is just my view and this is a discussion not a political speech. If HE is happy with a repair job and a $70 credit on a 5K cost then DO IT AND BE FULL OF JOY. That is a totally viable option as long as he is happy.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:46 AM   #4543
SDguy

It's a total soapbox (they don't have to be political). Disregarding all the inputs of the situation, and not really explaining why, is absolutely your right to express. Still a soapbox.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:58 AM   #4544
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It's a total soapbox (they don't have to be political). Disregarding all the inputs of the situation, and not really explaining why, is absolutely your right to express. Still a soapbox.
Not disregarding the inputs, just because I don't reach the same conclusion as you or anyone else nor does that make it a soapbox.

Yeah soapbox isn't necessarily political but that's usually the association. Even more so soapbox implies some sort of persuasion. I'm not trying to persuade anyone of anything just stating how I see it and what I would do as asked. I'm fine if no one agrees or chooses the same path.

Losing 2K sucks but I'm not repairing a 2.5K statue for a $70 credit. I don't expect people that are willing to change their mind to what I think.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:58 AM   #4545
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I wouldn't have paid 2K shipping to begin with. This ain't worth it to me. Despite the estimate a fair portion of that sounds like taxes and though obviously painful could be reclaimed.

But yeah I would have made peace with the risks of losing the shipping in case of return or I would not ordered.

Not a soapbox it is just my view and this is a discussion not a political speech. If HE is happy with a repair job and a $70 credit on a 5K cost then DO IT AND BE FULL OF JOY. That is a totally viable option as long as he is happy.
Hindsight is 20/20. It's great that you would never be in this situation to begin with. Doesn't change much for my situation unfortunately. Shipping alone was 1.7k and import fees were about 205$. Even I could reclaim the import fees after weeks of work. (My time is not worthless) I would STILL. Eat close to 2k in shipping, and have to pay someone else to ship me a new one. Does not seem fiscally responsible at all.

I also get that collectors have different standards for their collection. That's okay. I'll probably eat the repair and still be happy with this amazing piece. If others can't do that, that's okay too.

These are material things that won't last forever and will almost certainly break on you at some point or another, unless you have a team of museum curators that will store your piece behind bulletproof glass for the next 200 years. This hobby should bring joy not stress. And this easily fixable break is NOT worth months of my stress, time, and money. At least not to me.
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:02 AM   #4546
qz33
Doctor Doom

Maybe he can sell it. If he can manage to get 4K then he's already reduced his shipping loss.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:02 AM   #4547
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ your last 3 sentences in your last paragraph is a fine attitude and philosophy to have. Hope all works well for you.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:03 AM   #4548
SDguy

Quote:
And this easily fixable break is NOT worth months of my stress, time, and money. At least not to me.
This cannot be overemphasized. Personally, I'd rather spend a little extra money and time to buy materials and practice my repair/repaint skills on statues, if anything
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:08 AM   #4549
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Hindsight is 20/20. It's great that you would never be in this situation to begin with. Doesn't change much for my situation unfortunately. Shipping alone was 1.7k and import fees were about 205$. Even I could reclaim the import fees after weeks of work. (My time is not worthless) I would STILL. Eat close to 2k in shipping, and have to pay someone else to ship me a new one. Does not seem fiscally responsible at all.

I also get that collectors have different standards for their collection. That's okay. I'll probably eat the repair and still be happy with this amazing piece. If others can't do that, that's okay too.

These are material things that won't last forever and will almost certainly break on you at some point or another, unless you have a team of museum curators that will store your piece behind bulletproof glass for the next 200 years. This hobby should bring joy not stress. And this easily fixable break is NOT worth months of my stress, time, and money. At least not to me.
Then that is what you should do. Not a thing "wrong" with that decision whether it matches mine or not.

You ask what people think, don't only expect support for the choice you are already leaning towards. I'm for you being happiest with the unfortunate situation. if fixing it makes you happiest I'm not going to be trying to convince you otherwise after you've made your choice.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:14 AM   #4550
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Then that is what you should do. Not a thing "wrong" with that decision whether it matches mine or not.

You ask what people think, don't only expect support for the choice you are already leaning towards. I'm for you being happiest with the unfortunate situation. if fixing it makes you happiest I'm not going to be trying to convince you otherwise after you've made your choice.
Yeah I get that. I expected mixed responses. Still appreciate different viewpoints.
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote