Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-24-2023, 04:21 PM   #4941
Dundee
Hydra

I never received the little bag of quills, but it's not needed imo, the quills won't fall off.

The jaguar spine trophy, you can slot it up the back but to get it right up, the spine vertebrae would have to be adjusted individually, could be doable but would require a bit of work, especially at the top, the vertebrae would need to be twisted away so it has room to tuck next to the medkit holder.

I've not tried other blades (only using the long ones), the rest along with bloodied skull, Gort, various hands, deactivated caster all bubbled wrapped away and in the box forever lol.

Re blades being too loose, can wrap a layer of tape around the metal and slot it in, it should hold. I think the big concern would be the holes holding the blade, constantly blade switching could expand the holes which is problematic in the long run. I guess pick your favorite blade and stick to it is the safest option in the long term.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:37 PM   #4942
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
And clearly see that some of his dreads have a longer lenght making hairdo a bit wilder and sweep while he turns his head in movie.
Yeah, some of those do look quite long.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:40 PM   #4943
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post

Re blades being too loose, can wrap a layer of tape around the metal and slot it in, it should hold. I think the big concern would be the holes holding the blade, constantly blade switching could expand the holes which is problematic in the long run. I guess pick your favorite blade and stick to it is the safest option in the long term.

Here's a fix for the loose blades that should 100% work long term.

apply a couple coats Mod Podge to the end of the blade - the tip that inserts into the gauntlet. make sure it's Matte Mod Podge. This will build up the male tip that inserts into the gauntlet with an invisible layer and it absolutely should make a tighter fit after a couple 1,2 or maybe even 3 coats. apply 1 even - neat coat, let it dry for a good while and test fit. if it's still loose, apply a 2nd coat let it fully dry and then test fit...ect

this tactic is BIG in the action figure community to help fix loose joints. there are a bunch of youtube videos about this. search: mod podge fix loose action figure joints. It's a great solution, i've done it a bunch of times.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:41 PM   #4944
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
My Skull & Spine trophy will be staying in the box.
I might stick mine in the back brushery. Paint a few blood spots and smears on the foliage next to it maybe? I don't know, I'm still waiting for mine to ship. I'm not displaying skull & spine in his hand either. For a true museum pose, it doesn't suite it imo. Still glad to get it though.

They don't need to be changing the blades from metal to PVC plastic in the future! I want metal blades. Like others mentioned, you can wrap a tiny piece of tape or felt around the end for a tighter fit if needed. Some people just have no ingenuity.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:57 PM   #4945
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Cool. Thanks y'all. Love seeing someone involved i nthe production of these espouse the virtues of PVC over the sacred cow of Polystone.
PVC blades would look cheap and the blades could bend/curve over time, especially when inserting and pulling out.

I can't imagine a pred statue this size being made by PVC, it could lean and deform in certain areas. Polystone may be more brittle, but it's unlikely to lean, deform or break, especially when made thick enough with strong pegs.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:58 PM   #4946
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
PVC blades would look cheap and the blades could bend/curve over time, especially when inserting and pulling out.

I can't imagine a pred statue this size being made by PVC, it could lean and deform in certain areas. Polystone may be more brittle, but it's unlikely to lean, deform or break, especially when made thick enough with strong pegs.
Yeah you're thinking of the PVC typical with anime figures. There are countless formulations of PVC just like the the endlessly loose defined "resin". There are Polyurethanes and PVCs that are virtually indestructible and PVC used for pipe easily will outlast any of us.

It's all in the care and the process. Just like Prime 1's Polystone is usually much heaver than their competitors.

Even PVC that is high in plasticizers, like anime figures, can be cast with rods or frames for support just like Polystone is now. How things are currently are not optimal nor are they how things have to be.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:56 PM   #4947
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by predators87 View Post
this is a nice picture to position the spine
I saw so many 1987 Predator photos but never that one. This is from some Japanese magazine or something?
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:02 PM   #4948
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I saw so many 1987 Predator photos but never that one. This is from some Japanese magazine or something?
I thought the same thing, years and years I've seen material on the Predator .... but this photo never seen

wrote this:
"Here exclusive photo we have access for the vertebrate bone position. First you need remove Plasma Cannon backpack insert the vertebrate bone position similar to the references images below than put back gentle Backpack. Should look exactly like movie!"
with the reference material they have, the statues should come out almost 100% accurate
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 12:40 AM   #4949
Dundee
Hydra

Played around with the spine bandolier trophy. Indeed it can be tucked just about all the way in, looks much better movie accurate. Regarding scale, previously I stated maybe 30% over sized, I take that back, this maybe around 5% to 10% max. Prime 1 did their home work, after having this for a week, this statue continues to impress me in unexpected ways. It is so accurate, intricately detailed and beautiful. Virtually flawless in everyway. Still waiting for P1 to get back to me re tusk, but man I am damn so happy to be able to have this exceptional replica. A joy to look at everyday. Owners of the 1/4 if your still in doubt or on the fence, I would not hesitate to recommend getting this. This is a must buy for hardcore predator fans.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:51 AM   #4950
Hutch0o
Birdman

This piece with big chap isn?t as bad in scale as I was expecting, obviously not the same however I?ll be getting the new big chap now and putting him on a riser then display across the room facing towards pred
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F88644E2-6EDE-4B78-9FA7-D04345A33E3A.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	158352  
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote