Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-28-2023, 08:48 PM   #5001
Phart007
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
Any word yet? Has SC resolved your damage issue?
It?s a bit of a sore subject to be honest.

After a 9 month wait to replace a damaged body & 2 damaged heads, I finally received a replacement body but it doesn?t fit the base. When it keys in, the front foot just floats in the air and the statue has no stability to it what so ever. I won?t even risk putting the arms & head on it in case it tips over.

To make matters worse, there aren?t any replacement heads in the package either & Prime 1 are claiming that they were included.
Phart007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:49 PM   #5002
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quite a few, myself included, cancelled the 1:4 when they quoted silly shipping prices.
Did me a huge favour as the 1:3 was revealed shortly after.
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:14 PM   #5003
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Prime 1 numbers are indeed BS but you guys are underestimating sale numbers on this one, especially in Asia regions. There likely to sell 1500+ on this one, like it or not.

Compare that with the 1/4 JH, that's still on the market, at a discounted price and still struggling to sell. Why? Because that turned out quite disappointing. Wouldn't be surprised at least 50% collectors skipped or cancelled on that to buy the 1/3, that's 500 units right there. Not to mention many who missed out on the CM like myself, there are many collectors frothing the last decade over a CM equivalent. Another few hundred.

Shipping prices are nuts, but once collectors see what they like, even if there is a 12 month lag in purchasing, most find a way to buy what they want. Grail pieces will always sell like hot cakes. Crappy ones most certainly reduced ES or worse, cancelled altogether.
Congrats on post #5000 in this glorious thread.

I had my eye on that prize for about a week but I was out to dinner
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:07 AM   #5004
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Congrats on post #5000 in this glorious thread.

I had my eye on that prize for about a week but I was out to dinner
Wow that's nuts, didn't notice it until you mentioned it. Hope you had a nice dinner!

Over 5000, thanks to freakyguy adding about a thousand troll posts
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:03 PM   #5005
Python
Omega Red

Good to see Sideshow are sending out notices for this, hopefully that means that Secret compass won't be far behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Quite a few, myself included, cancelled the 1:4 when they quoted silly shipping prices.
Did me a huge favour as the 1:3 was revealed shortly after.

I cancelled also. But I couldn't stop looking at it and decided to reorder via Secret compass with better shipping rates. I'm soooooooo glad I did! It's become easily my favourite statue in my collection. I'm sure the 1/3 will take the throne for that, but the 1/4 is genuinely incredible in person. It's different enough that I'm happy to have both anyway, I'll just use the Gort mask on the 1/4 and the much improved OG mask on the 1/3.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:28 PM   #5006
Patriot666
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phart007 View Post
It?s a bit of a sore subject to be honest.

After a 9 month wait to replace a damaged body & 2 damaged heads, I finally received a replacement body but it doesn?t fit the base. When it keys in, the front foot just floats in the air and the statue has no stability to it what so ever. I won?t even risk putting the arms & head on it in case it tips over.

To make matters worse, there aren?t any replacement heads in the package either & Prime 1 are claiming that they were included.
That's a real shame and I feel for you. I am glad to hear that SC helped make it right for you. Have you tried heating up the feet and legs with a hair dryer, to see if the body will settle down onto the base? Heat makes the material a little bit flexible and may allow a minor reshape. I'm honestly not sure if this works with polystone though, but vinyl and resin.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 04:38 PM   #5007
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I’ve had that problem before with all my statues but it was always because I wasn’t coming straight down in line with the beg and the hole.

I would say if you could fit it on the peg partially then if you line it up right it might come down. It’s kinda tricky sometimes.

If it was me I would just sand the metal peg a little, but that’s me..
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 06:32 PM   #5008
Phart007
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
That's a real shame and I feel for you. I am glad to hear that SC helped make it right for you. Have you tried heating up the feet and legs with a hair dryer, to see if the body will settle down onto the base? Heat makes the material a little bit flexible and may allow a minor reshape. I'm honestly not sure if this works with polystone though, but vinyl and resin.
Thank you. I better be careful what I type in case anyone from their company floats around on here, and to be fair, Shane has been good to deal with, but Prime 1 on the other hand. Everything always seems to be the customers fault, or the customer isn?t doing it correctly.

I know it?s not Predator related, but the replacement body?s peg & mould was way too big. It got stuck in the base & I ended up breaking off part of the base when I tried to remove it.

This was one of their responses ? We will suggest the customer put the fitting problem leg into hot water for five minutes and he can try to assemble it again. It will work. Please kindly try to assemble both pegs into the slots at the same time?. Tried it & it made no difference. Plus it doesn?t even have 2 peg holes. What are they even on about ?

I?ve taken a bit off of the excess mould, so it at least slots down about 90% of the way now, but still no good. It looks like it needs to slot down at more of an angle than the original body, but I don?t want to be drilling the base, just in case I bugger that up completely as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
I?ve had that problem before with all my statues but it was always because I wasn?t coming straight down in line with the beg and the hole.

I would say if you could fit it on the peg partially then if you line it up right it might come down. It?s kinda tricky sometimes.

If it was me I would just sand the metal peg a little, but that?s me..

Phart007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:06 AM   #5009
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Trying to fit a new body into the original base is always a recipe for disaster as the keys are never 100% the same, as stupid as that sounds.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:00 PM   #5010
Python
Omega Red

It looks more like the peg is at a slightly off angle rather than too big (Or maybe both) Could you try filing the peg at a slight angle front and back so that the statue can fall forward slightly more? I imagine the peg is too thick to heat up and manipulate the shape of, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try...

Sorry you're having issues though. I just moved mine today on to a higher shelf, I figured it'd look good up high. I was correct.... But getting it up to almost shoulder height was NOT easy. I almost forgot how heavy this monster is.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote