Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-24-2023, 03:08 PM   #1
Mister H
Gen 13

New Tolkien movies on the way

https://screenrant.com/lord-rings-ho...t-warner-bros/

This "could" be good news. Personally I'm hoping for Beren and Luthien.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 03:48 PM   #2
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Divisive opinion inbound, but I would gladly see a remake of The Lord of the Rings. Peter Jackson's LotR has remained as THE vision for everything that has come after since the films' release. It would be nice to see a different interpretation that offers its own aesthetic; hell, some of those A.I generated images of LotR are awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fyM2CX9mPPc
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 06:45 PM   #3
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
Divisive opinion inbound, but I would gladly see a remake of The Lord of the Rings. Peter Jackson's LotR has remained as THE vision for everything that has come after since the films' release. It would be nice to see a different interpretation that offers its own aesthetic; hell, some of those A.I generated images of LotR are awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fyM2CX9mPPc
You know, even though I consider the LOTR movies the best franchise ever I wouldn?t be totally opposed to that. Jackson?s costume and architecture design followed Alan Lee?s work pretty closely so the visuals would have to be inventive but also be a good fit. Hard to do. That and the music is pretty much perfect. You couldn?t just get the hot director for this you?d need someone who knows the lore up and down.
Old 02-25-2023, 03:14 AM   #4
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I just want hollywood to leave alone Tolkien books and lore... Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rigns trilogy was good, but The Hobbit Trilogy was crapy... I didn't watch The Rings of Power tv show, i mean how good a tv show can be, seriously... I wish hollywood just stopped beating the crap out of Tolkien, but that won't happen...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 05:18 AM   #5
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Didn't Amazon spend a billion dollars on that crappy LOTR show? A lot of that was spent on getting the rights to LOTR. I can only imagine how much a proper remake of the movies would cost. But I'll watch whatever they put out.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 05:52 AM   #6
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I'm definitely game for more Middle-earth films, I just hope the quality is there. How likely is it that stories in the Fourth Age (post LOTR trilogy) are explored? Apparently Tolkien started to write some tales in that era, but eventually abandoned the effort.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 09:54 AM   #7
Mister H
Gen 13

So from what I’ve read these new movies will be set during the Lord of the Rings and/or the Hobbit. Meaning they could do a movie about Galadriel and Thranduil fighting the orcs in Lorien while the Battle of Pelenor Fields is going on. Things that happen in that timeline but weren’t shown in the first movies. At least that’s what I’m getting from it.