Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 02-08-2015, 10:49 PM   #1011
Sithlord32
New Republic

Well i was fighting with not enough light where i wanted it or needed it and other light sources that were unforgiving so please excuse the reflections and blue hues from the overcast sunlight and the bit of overexposure. Been waiting to pick these all up from Joe since December and January.

Meeting up with Joe and being able to express some creativity is always a great time. I usually have some kind of idea of what I want to achieve before I arrive but we always exhaust numerous possibilities. Joe usually approves of my choices for the most part but his input is valued and it sways my decisions at times also some of my decisions he initially he didn't agree with but after its all said and done I have won him over with my final call in the finished piece.

We agreed its good everyone has their own tastes. It keeps the game fresh on both sides of the fence. Overly happy with how these all turned out. Great art is great art but presentation is a thing all its own. Thanks to Joao, Aaron, Hua, John and all these great artists for the opportunity to have these parts of their imagination on my walls.

Crouching Tiger. I wanted a very organic feel to this. To recreate the feel of the jungle for this. My original plan was a bamboo frame but ended up going with this distressed wood in a hue I felt wasn't too light nor too dark and the matching fillet. The green mat to match the greens in the eyes and the green to help add to that feel of a cats natural surroundings. The mat is a light tan with a very subtle gold sheen to it. It came out perfect.
A couple shots of the corner to get the detail and curvature of the frame as well as capture the sheen of the mat.

The frame on this piece brings out the print without any added mats. Simple is simple does. It has great depth and it pulls you right into the print but straight on the profile is slim.

Originally was going to float the COA on Black Lake separately but I think this option looks great and saved some money in the process. Not an original idea by any means but Im diggin it.

Nothin fancy but it doesn't need anything to make it great. Love this Image from Aaron. Heavy weighted bottom gives it some uniqueness.

This one was really fun for me. I knew exactly what I wanted to do before I went in so it was just choosing the right frame. Joe did the mat for me then I took it home and used oil pencil to extend the line background details from the print onto the matting. Its subtle but it looks kick ass. Turned out so great but Joe didnt approve of my frame so much :lol:

Last but not least this was in my top three pick-ups of 2014 and am so stoked about how it came out. had a direction with before I got there but I think I exhausted every choice of frame Joe had till I found the look I had envisioned in my head. We have a routine now so we dont mix up all his frame samples and mats :lol:

Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #1012
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Excellent frame-ups!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #1013
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Anybody have experience with spacers? Looking to use them on a bunch of pieces where I'm not using a mat. Just wasn't sure how you're supposed to know the proper depth to use, I think there are 2 or 3 sizes.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #1014
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Anybody have experience with spacers? Looking to use them on a bunch of pieces where I'm not using a mat. Just wasn't sure how you're supposed to know the proper depth to use, I think there are 2 or 3 sizes.
It just depends on the size of the spacer. All it does is leave air space in between the glazing and the print. Standard sizes are 1/8 and 3/16 so just measure your rabbet to accommodate the size of the spacer along with the glazing and backing board.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #1015
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Chris Weston - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Old 03-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #1016
FROBAY
Phoenix

Damn, what a great frame choice. I'm jelly.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 PM   #1017
vwstobbe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm curious why nobody has shown off their framed GOTG prints. I have mine in a cheap one for now. But I'm curious how everyone else did theirs.
vwstobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:46 PM   #1018
Luminous
Cyclops

That is simply perfection, Hellboy. I didn't think I needed that print, but seeing it framed is making me think otherwise.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #1019
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks guys! Pretty thrilled with how it turned out.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #1020
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwstobbe View Post
I'm curious why nobody has shown off their framed GOTG prints. I have mine in a cheap one for now. But I'm curious how everyone else did theirs.
I am waiting for the Avengers prints before I decide which set to frame. I am leaning toward the dark set now...
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote