Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #341
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
We shouldn't make so much judgement based on a bunch of pictures taken by who know who from who know where IMHO.
I'm not even sure that ED-209 was correctly mounted.
I will wait for the official photos of the production model from CC.
On the side I love the tilt of the head here, very dynamic, just like ED-209 is walking.
Well, we can only talk about based the info that we have. It's normal, this is statueforum after all. People judge the thing because they care. And that's good for the seller.

Either way, I can't wait for mine!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:06 PM   #342
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I love the chosen pose , prefer it to the standing one as its something different. It's just the factory have captured it wrong, if you watch ed walk his upper body stays pretty much level and his legs/hips do all the moving. I fear the only way to repose it though is to break the joints where necessary and re glue them
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #343
LEC
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Wrong wires, parts missing, wrong color, wrong pose, ripple in base... I'm starting to have second thoughts about Chronicle Collectibles... (that's after my Cain came with loose parts inside the torso) I just decided to only spend money on Chronicle Collectibles but it seems all their efforts go to waist at the Chinese factory.
I paid in full a while ago for ED-209 but I'm starting to regret... If Paul corrects the failures I'll still back up CC and continue to believe in their objective...
LEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #344
Atheris
The Maxx

Highly doubt the pose will be corrected, that's a sh!t load of work that would literally involve unpacking each box, taking apart each statue without breaking it and then repackaging them.

I'm afraid that's it folks, this is how they will all arrive.

I'm not to bummed about it. I still want it. The detail is amazing.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #345
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEC View Post
Wrong wires, parts missing, wrong color, wrong pose, ripple in base... I'm starting to have second thoughts about Chronicle Collectibles... (that's after my Cain came with loose parts inside the torso) I just decided to only spend money on Chronicle Collectibles but it seems all their efforts go to waist at the Chinese factory.
I paid in full a while ago for ED-209 but I'm starting to regret... If Paul corrects the failures I'll still back up CC and continue to believe in their objective...
Consider the complexity of the original. I'm not discouraged at all and I did not expect the production to be perfect in the first place. I'm definitely keeping mine.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #346
Patriot666
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animachina View Post

A couple of other things are bothering me from this pic.

The side leg latches should be slightly open enough to allow the upper leg to move up and down on the column. One leg has them positioned back against the column!

Also, the accordion rubber boots at the hip joints look flimsy with uneven spacing and thin/sharp-ish outer edges compared to the proto.

At least he should be easier to modify compared to Cain.
I noticed the accordion rubber boots too...
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:03 PM   #347
Gruson
Suicide Squad

With just 300 unites being made in the end, I wonder if it would have made more sense to make these in house. No large shipping prices, training a lot of factory workers, flights to check on them, etc.... and Chronicle would have made sure it was done perfect. I think it makes sense for some future, limited pieces for sure.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:43 PM   #348
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Okay guys I'll try to clear some of this up.

Attached below are Phil's original pose for ED-209 using the Robocop 3 version of the ED-209 Puppet. There is a lot of movement in this piece.

Our original prototype had traveled to quite a few shows and he doesn't have the rubber leg inserts. Trying to keep with the original we added the rubber leg belows and it gives it a bit of realism as the originals were in rough shape.

The right leg is the main support and couldn't have as much animation as the original puppet. The left leg we tried to get some of the angle in there, but the foot had to be planted to get the rear pin in place.

There are a few minor errors with a few wires and paint I'll fix when we start to ship.

Overall Phil and I are happy with the final pose and its' very close to his original pose.

I guess at the end of the day we should have done what everyone else has done and just made him with the boardroom pose. Would have saved a lot of headaches....

Ours:

The leg locks move so you can adjust them....

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 06-03-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:03 PM   #349
Atheris
The Maxx

Cool, still looking forward to mine. Looks sick!

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:00 AM   #350
thx217
Ultimates

Thanks for the post, Paul. While the final pose is "close" but in this particular case, close is not enough to capture that awesome movement. Still, that doesn't make this piece any less badass. It is a replica of the original puppet after all and that's what it's really about.