Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #861
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Paul,I partly agree with what you are saying in regards to the weathering...it seems like a relatively simple paint job with a wash over black... nonetheless it is executed very well.And there are also some subtleties to the weathering you haven't mentioned yet like f.e. realistic looking mudstains,areas where the 'metal' is showing,etc....it is not 'ONLY' a wash over black.
Imho Weta's factory did a convincing paint job.Personally couldn't be happier with it.
The weight has to be a psychological thing,lol
Thank you for the additional information Paul.It helps me to understand better where all the money went in creating these puppets.Very happy to have the Chronicle ED-209 in my collection.I will just say this and leave it to that: at the end of the day I'm equally as impressed with my Weta exo suit as I am with my Chronicle ED-209... although there is a big difference in how these were manufactured/engineered both are beautifull,well executed mass produced collectibles and the very best one can get authenticity-wise.My perception,that's all.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #862
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I'm sorry but are you kidding me when you say that the pj sucks and the casting of all those small elements as for example those llittle tubes on the guns,arms ,etc.You must surely be looking at something else?Also those orange & white markings are well executed imo.
I will PM you screen caps and reference materials so you can see the differences.
Don't want to keep talking here about a non CC product.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #863
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Thanks, I'm in no way diminishing the quality or workmanship of the Exosuit, I love mine. I know the factory that made these and they are good. Also we don't have the distribution of Weta or Sideshow, they are able to make a lot more product with a larger customer base. We only made 300 ED-209 so collectors should like it's exclusivity and the fact that Phil Tippett produced the masters is the best we could offer.

Phil has since sold the ED-209 puppet that he owned and has replaced it with one of ours. Seeing it sit on a shelf with Oscars is high praise....
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #864
Patriot666
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Am considering buying this, worth the moolah?
I'm very impressed with it. All the wires and details...it's probably the most complex collectible I've owned now that I think about it, and it arrived flawless. I don't consider the wire routing a flaw btw. I don't care about that at all. I think it's worth the price.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:45 PM   #865
thx217
Ultimates

The weathering on the EXO was lacking for sure, that's why I re-touched my EXO almost immediately(5 yeaers ago?). Now I see both pieces side by side and each has their own awesomeness. The only thing both pieces need is to be larger.

thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #866
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

AWESOME REPAINT!
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #867
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Phil has since sold the ED-209 puppet that he owned and has replaced it with one of ours. Seeing it sit on a shelf with Oscars is high praise....
What better recommendation can you get ?
BUY IT!
NOW!!!!!
Old 12-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #868
CAIN MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
The only thing both pieces need is to be larger.
Don't start with the size stuff!!! XD
Old 12-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #869
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

At least ours is molded from the Screen used Puppet, can't get anymore accurate.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #870
Vracula
Jedi Order

Thanks for the input everybody. Will hunt one down.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote