Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #11
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I'm not sure what you mean, you mean the rappers under the Def Jam label? I dont know if you played the previous Def Jams or who is under the Def Jam label but there are alot of rappers in the game. Either way you can create your own character (at least in the previous Def Jam).
No that's what I mean, I'm not into "Def Jam" rappers. Or mainstream rap in general. Hence why they should make something around rock icons over rappers.

Quote:
You might be able to use your own music from your hard drive.
And fighting as Big Boi and T and all those wouldn't sound great with Dirty Pretty Things or Kasabian heh.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #12
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
No that's what I mean, I'm not into "Def Jam" rappers. Or mainstream rap in general. Hence why they should make something around rock icons over rappers.
It probably helps that rappers have been known to get into fights with each other, plus the overall gangster look/style.

Quote:
And fighting as Big Boi and T and all those wouldn't sound great with Dirty Pretty Things or Kasabian heh.
Ummm

Anyway look at it this way, if you dont like the rappers, more reason for you to make your own character and bust there faces
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #13
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:

That`s a good idea a 'rock jam' spin off would be cool you could have ozzy osbourne biting off Jimi Hendrix`s head and instead of a scratching special you could have a bill & ted style air strum
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
Ghost

Quote:
It probably helps that rappers have been known to get into fights with each other, plus the overall gangster look/style.

I'm guessing you don't really listen to rock music...

Ummm

Haha I was just naming a few groups that I was listening too at the time.

Anyway look at it this way, if you dont like the rappers, more reason for you to make your own character and bust there faces
And that's a good point too, I'd just be fighting a never ending battle and in the end they won't really go away

I do like Outkast though. But I'd make rappers like The Roots crew, Tribe, Pharcyde, Run DMC!, Roots Manuva, Dan the Automator, MF Doom The Streets, etc etc. It's guess it's more of the ones that aren't on cookie cutter labels... So we'll see how good the the create a player looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
That`s a good idea a 'rock jam' spin off would be cool you could have ozzy osbourne biting off Jimi Hendrix`s head and instead of a scratching special you could have a bill & ted style air strum
But yeah like I mentioned these guys are all Def Jam. Getting all those would be wild but prolly never happen. Matches like Keith Moon and John Bonham, KISS and more! would definitely rock.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 PM   #15
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Update: the Def Jam Icon demo is now supposed to be released on marketplace februari 8th.

The demo features the gas station level and two celebrity fighters, Big Boi and T.I. The demo also features a song from each of the included fighters.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #16
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

cool, look forward to downloading it
I downloaded NBA street homecourt the other day, excellent game alot of fun, it reminds me alot of NBA: jam what with all the outrageous dunks
Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #17
Ghost

Quote:
Update: the Def Jam Icon demo is now supposed to be released on marketplace februari 8th.

The demo features the gas station level and two celebrity fighters, Big Boi and T.I. The demo also features a song from each of the included fighters.
That's the level I played. You can get on fire when the tanks blow up.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:27 AM   #18
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Ok played it about 10 mins...man that's some getting used to the controls! I guess that's to be expected when they try something original. Not bad but I need to give it another try.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #19
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Ok played it about 10 mins...man that's some getting used to the controls! I guess that's to be expected when they try something original. Not bad but I need to give it another try.
Ditto, not quite as 'awesome' as I was expecting. The blows you land don`t quite have the impact as ffny`s did. Are they still going to include the takedowns? I know you can pull off the 'mini' takedowns with the thumbstick. But I want the proper spinning piledriver smashing their face into the floor takedowns, man some of those made you wince
Old 02-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #20
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Yeah seems most of the gameplay evolves around the thumbsticks and indeed the impacts arent as excellect as ffny. I'll give them kudos for trying something completely different but I'm starting to fear it may backfire. I so want to like this game. Ffny was the bomb!