Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #321
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

They may hold all the non-movie rights, but Marvel still has to pay a certain cut to Fox for any movie-based X-Men and FF product. They may even have to pay when it comes to non-movie merchandise as well. I'm not sure about that, but apparently the terms of their original deal with Fox were pretty lousy.

Plus, it's an issue of Marvel and Fox not getting along well. Even before the new Sony/Marvel partnership, the two companies had a decent working relationship. The lack of X-Men and FF merchandise, TV projects, video games etc. is as much out of spite as it is a financial strategy.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #322
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
They may hold all the non-movie rights, but Marvel still has to pay a certain cut to Fox for any movie-based X-Men and FF product. They may even have to pay when it comes to non-movie merchandise as well. I'm not sure about that, but apparently the terms of their original deal with Fox were pretty lousy.

Plus, it's an issue of Marvel and Fox not getting along well. Even before the new Sony/Marvel partnership, the two companies had a decent working relationship. The lack of X-Men and FF merchandise, TV projects, video games etc. is as much out of spite as it is a financial strategy.
Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Kicks.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #323
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post

I truly believe all this marvel and fox/sony deal has gotten a little out of hand, and is a bit difficult to keep up with at times as to certain aspects of it all.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:28 AM   #324
Shin Metsu88
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

So since we're at the end of May anyone have any news on whether this guy is still coming out in June or if he got delayed?
Shin Metsu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:36 AM   #325
isDatUcollector
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't think there's any news of it being delayed.
isDatUcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:43 AM   #326
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I bet we'll have to wait a couple of weeks or more til we get our respective pieces. Stocks from Kotobukiya usually arrive at Hong Kong much earlier and someone in the Kotobukiya PH group, who lives there, usually posts when he gets his but he still hasn't posted anything yet.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:51 PM   #327
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
I bet we'll have to wait a couple of weeks or more til we get our respective pieces. Stocks from Kotobukiya usually arrive at Hong Kong much earlier and someone in the Kotobukiya PH group, who lives there, usually posts when he gets his but he still hasn't posted anything yet.
I think you're right. I usually don't get Koto pieces from my retailer until a month has passed after they're been released in Asia.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:16 PM   #328
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Can't wait for Carnage! I'll be getting the Sideshow Venom and Carnage Comiquettes next month so all I need is this 1/6 Carnage to go with my 1/6 Koto Venom and I'll have each one in 1/6 and 1/4!
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #329
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Great choices man, the Spidey, Venom and Carnage comiquettes are my favorite SS statues and Erick's Koto are the best 1/6 imo. Reminds me I need to order Carnage...I hope Koto puts out more Spider-man characters since X-men are on hold.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #330
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Great choices man, the Spidey, Venom and Carnage comiquettes are my favorite SS statues and Erick's Koto are the best 1/6 imo. Reminds me I need to order Carnage...I hope Koto puts out more Spider-man characters since X-men are on hold.
Indeed, plenty to choose from. Hoping for a Doc Oct.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote