Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
Sylara
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Bishoujo Pre-Order Suggestions

As the title says, I'm looking for a good place to start pre-ordering my future Bishoujos from.

Currently, when a new girl comes out my Husband and I go out to our local figure trade show (Frank and Son in Southern California) to pick up our girl. But, we have to hope that they have her in, we never know before we get there, and it's a bit of a drive if we walk away empty handed...
All that being said, we are a little spoiled and normally get our new girls for $55 to $60 each time, and of course no shipping, but we do pay for gas.

I've looked into the big guys, BBTS and EE, for pre-ordering but they are selling them for MSRP and the shipping is higher than I expected.
Any places I should look at that might be below MSRP? Or are our deals down at our local trade show unbeatable?

=D Thanks for the input gang!
Sylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #2
Jeepindude
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

BigBadToyStore.com is who I use for a lot of pre orders including bishoujo. No fee for canceling pre orders and you can use pile of loot option! They are great and have great customer service as well
Jeepindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #3
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylara View Post
As the title says, I'm looking for a good place to start pre-ordering my future Bishoujos from.

Currently, when a new girl comes out my Husband and I go out to our local figure trade show (Frank and Son in Southern California) to pick up our girl. But, we have to hope that they have her in, we never know before we get there, and it's a bit of a drive if we walk away empty handed...
All that being said, we are a little spoiled and normally get our new girls for $55 to $60 each time, and of course no shipping, but we do pay for gas.

I've looked into the big guys, BBTS and EE, for pre-ordering but they are selling them for MSRP and the shipping is higher than I expected.
Any places I should look at that might be below MSRP? Or are our deals down at our local trade show unbeatable?

=D Thanks for the input gang!
IMO, the only way your going to get a cheaper price is not to buy them when they first come out, wait several months and then you can usually find good deals on Ebay when Comic shops are trying to get rid of inventory.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #4
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Amazon for sure.

They always have them for under retail a week or two after release. Just don't wait too long.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #5
llama
The Spirit

Hobby galaxy has really good prices but I'm not to crazy about their preorder policy. I have stopped preordering statues and I just buy them from Hobby Galaxy once they are in stock.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:30 PM   #6
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

I'm curious....what exactly don't you like about their pre order policy?

Reason ask is because I have been considering using them for the first time to pre order Carnage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama View Post
Hobby galaxy has really good prices but I'm not to crazy about their preorder policy. I have stopped preordering statues and I just buy them from Hobby Galaxy once they are in stock.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:00 AM   #7
llama
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
I'm curious....what exactly don't you like about their pre order policy?

Reason ask is because I have been considering using them for the first time to pre order Carnage.
I believe they make you put 10% down when you preorder that is not refundable if you cancel or you can pay 100% which may be refundable. I don't remember for sure right now. The details are on their website under the policies tab.

It's not too much of an issue if you are sure you are not going to change your mind but considering that these statues sometimes go through revisions several times before release, I do not want to be on the hook financially if something changes that is not to my liking. I haven't really seen any bishoujos not be available for at least a little while after their release (at least the ones I have been interested in) so preordering isn't really necessary for me anyway.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #8
Gowcaizer
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I recommend Amazon as well.
Gowcaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #9
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Yeah I dont think you can do much better than BBTS.
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:37 AM   #10
Shone314
Frackin!

I actually like toyzinthebox.com, they're a little cheaper than BBTS and you get free shipping.
Shone314 is offline   Reply With Quote