Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #51
MChampion
Chronicle Collectibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
That's weird, I got a notice from CC and it had a video of the statue, now the notice isn't there and no video. They state in the video they wanted to show it today, someone had to to have posted that and CC said no that not getting shown today
Hi, everyone! I'm the Art Director at Chronicle and the 'guy in the video'. The one with the beard, lol!

Before we go any further, no I can't answer questions about shipping, production, distribution, deadlines, etc. That's outside my area of responsibility at the company, and many of the questions that end up getting asked are shielded by NDA's, or are info that I quite honestly don't know because it's not what I do at the company. But what I can talk about is our last Facebook Live, since I hosted it, and did the concept art and photography that you see above.

Right at the end of the broadcast, our production manager came over (the studio and art department are in a separate building from the rest of the company) to let me know that we had just received approval from the licensor on the statue. We were hoping to receive that prior to the broadcast, but I had literally just stopped the show when he arrived. So we decided to pop back on in an unscripted, handheld camera phone broadcast to show off the statue for those folks who were still online watching. It was spontaneous, we were a little giddy with excitement over the approval, and did about a 6 minute video of the statue. We then decided to delete the video, so that it was only seen as a treat for those who had tuned in to the show, and will do a more formal unveiling this coming Friday, with teases on social media throughout the week.

Yes, our lighting in the studio sucks. The studio is a work in progress, so we'll be improving on the lighting and video quality as move forward, but don't expect immediate changes. We're all still pretty bogged down in work opening back up from quarantine lock down. But to show you how nice the statue looks when properly lit...that shot above with the lightning and all? That's pretty much an unaltered photograph except for the background and embers and smoke elements. Shows you how amazing a piece can look when properly lit.

I hope you'll all join us next week and we'll talk in depth about this piece. No, it's not the staircase scene from the movie, just to clarify. I'll talk more about the choices made in the concept, what all the license will allow for with future pieces, and yes, we'll show off the badass screen used helmet again, as well.

Don't lose your heads. Cheers!
MChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:06 PM   #52
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Welcome! Kurgan isn't for me, but he looks great! Can't wait to hear/see what you have in store for the license.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 12:48 AM   #53
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Thanks for the info, Mike. Looking forward to more photos.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:00 AM   #54
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Wow this is a beast statue
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #55
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

I love Highlander. Id but 1/6 scale statues of Connor Mccloud and Duncan Mccloud if they made them. Speaking of licensing, id also buy a statue of Talon and the 3 bladed sword from the Sword and the Sorcerer. For that I just might buy it in any scale. I believe Albert Pyun owns the rights to that franchise though.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #56
MChampion
Chronicle Collectibles

Speaking personally, I'd LOVE to do anything related to the Sword and the Sorcerer! I'm not sure there would be the demand, but I also have an unhealthy belief that if you make something COOL enough, there could be a market there for it.
MChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:07 PM   #57
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I like it, but i’m not crazy about it.

It’s a big, beautiful, impressive long-awaited piece but there’s just something about the overall feel of it I’m not digging. I’m not liking the likeness. I heard it was a scan of Clancy but it still doesn’t knock my socks off. The expression is too calm and blank. He should look more possessed and demonic looking. This guy scared the ---- out of me when I was young. The pose is OK ii would’ve went without the one leg up and I think he looks a little thicker than I remember him. It’s really nice tho an I’m strongly considering ordering.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #58
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Kurgan is up on Chronicle's website, and it will retail for $599...….
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #59
jinkazama
Cobra Command

''The sensation you're feeling, is the preordering''...….
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:48 AM   #60
Shoo
Hercules

Link to Chronicle's site
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote