Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-01-2020, 01:06 AM   #441
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I noticed this just went on waitlist. Im a big GoT fan with team Daenerys. Normally I would be freakin out and pullin the trigger. But I just cant get behind the statue with the likeness only being 85% accurate and not looking almost at all like Emilia Clarke. Plus people are going to need to put this behind an acrylic case or glass door, cuz theres gonna be some consistant maintenance keeping her fabric dress clean. Think Im pretty stuck on my gut instincts from avoiding the purchase. Really dont know why prime 1 is so thick headed and couldnt resculpt the portrait to get it right? What a bummer.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:46 PM   #442
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Room would be a issue for me. I cant think of where I'd place a 2x2 ft statue.
I agree about the likeness. A dead on portrait would have been a must have and figure out details later.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:20 PM   #443
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I noticed this just went on waitlist. Im a big GoT fan with team Daenerys. Normally I would be freakin out and pullin the trigger. But I just cant get behind the statue with the likeness only being 85% accurate and not looking almost at all like Emilia Clarke. Plus people are going to need to put this behind an acrylic case or glass door, cuz theres gonna be some consistant maintenance keeping her fabric dress clean. Think Im pretty stuck on my gut instincts from avoiding the purchase. Really dont know why prime 1 is so thick headed and couldnt resculpt the portrait to get it right? What a bummer.
Kim has a lot of work to do, I don't think she would have the time to go back again trying to achieve some level of perfection that might be unreachable.

I don't think getting this likeness (or any likeness) is that easy as just going back and redoing it.

I can see exactly why they moved on and accepted the latest version is as much as they could get from trying.

It's really not that bad, people exaggerate the likeness on this piece not looking like her.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #444
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I just dont understand how the photos they have up to advertise the piece looks just like her, but the actual piece doesn't, it's only small things like the eyes etc... that seem fixable, but for some reason they refuse, when I first saw it I was all in, until the actual product was show, and they could have done better, I've seen much cheaper pieces have a closer likeness, if this was a $100 dollar figure ok maybe, but for a $1200 statue you can and should expect a better likeness, it's just really confusing to me, the company has a chance to sell a ton of these things if they fix her face, but apparently they just dont care
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:41 AM   #445
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
Kim has a lot of work to do, I don't think she would have the time to go back again trying to achieve some level of perfection that might be unreachable.

I don't think getting this likeness (or any likeness) is that easy as just going back and redoing it.

I can see exactly why they moved on and accepted the latest version is as much as they could get from trying.

It's really not that bad, people exaggerate the likeness on this piece not looking like her.
P1 might be starting to get the Sideshow disease. Stop caring about the product and just shove it out the door.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:22 AM   #446
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

With this being on WL already, I hope they make another Dany in a colored dress. Blue would be nice.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:34 AM   #447
Dexterj
Frackin!

Any news about the release?
Dexterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:53 AM   #448
Jack's Username
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
With this being on WL already, I hope they make another Dany in a colored dress. Blue would be nice.
It's only on WL at Sideshow - who knows what their allotment is. Prime 1 hasn't even announced an ES.

I'm just hoping we get more than one piece out of the license. I'm a little concerned that this could end up being just a one-off.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #449
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
It's only on WL at Sideshow - who knows what their allotment is. Prime 1 hasn't even announced an ES.

I'm just hoping we get more than one piece out of the license. I'm a little concerned that this could end up being just a one-off.
Possibly. She's definitely the easiest character on the eyes. An armored Mountain would be cool.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #450
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterj View Post
Any news about the release?
Release was delayed through Prime 1 to October 2020 and I more than expect another delay announcement coming in the next few months.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote