Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #691
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
first off, the lenses are incorrect on both masks. The "guardian" should have a solid black plastic lens, not mesh, it was modified with mesh when it was used in Predator 2. The main bio really would benefit from a decent lens like the SWS statue had over 10 years ago, it makes so much difference in person. It should be a mesh, with a very dark silver lens over the top of it.
Hi, Python. If they don't fix any lenses.
Maybe one layer clear gloss on the main mask (lense only) and two layers on the guardian (prob reduces mesh) will improve it enough. Is doable even for us amateurs.

Quote:
On the main mask, the lower cheeks are a bit wide on it
To be honest, this bugs me the most about whole statue.

Quote:
That large circle dent right in the middle of his crown, the other large circle on his dome and all of the heavy pitting on his nose area all sticks out way too much. They say they have don this to make production paint easier but I'm not sure it's worth it. I'd rather have a smooth mask with some painted damage missing than the over exaggerated sculpted damage.
Fully agree, but i can live with this.
Mainly going for the open mouth portrait [fingers crossed this will be spot&blotches painted and not dot(s) only].

Awesome statue! Really like the bulkiness.
For me, will be standalone centerpiece.
Can't wait
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:04 PM   #692
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I still have to repaint my SS P2 LSB. F$cking Eels and triangles..

Also fixing two other statues atm. Im not a painter, so repairing 'their' initial flaws is time consuming.
I returned it, with trouble as they didn't want to accept it :|

But this is just a travesty, it's literally a traced circle with some squiggly lines coming off of it

dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #693
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I mean it doesn't look like a bullet hole just some damage. It definitely doesn't go all the way through. Also having impression will help guide them so it doesn't end up looking like some retarded symbol like the SS LSB.
I'd rather have to repaint it than have to resculpt it. I have always hated the "battle-damage" on the bio-mask in collectibles because A) it's inaccurate and B) it undermines the resilience of the predator's armor.

The mask is supposed to be smooth and sleek. Bullets explode or slide right off of it. Not leave craters. The face is also a focal point so I think that is why it stands out more.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:40 PM   #694
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I'd rather have to repaint it than have to resculpt it. I have always hated the "battle-damage" on the bio-mask in collectibles because A) it's inaccurate and B) it undermines the resilience of the predator's armor.

The mask is supposed to be smooth and sleek. Bullets explode or slide right off of it. Not leave craters. The face is also a focal point so I think that is why it stands out more.
You are right, b-d is smooth (stained only)
Picture original mask on set.

Anyway, I hope this statue will turn out
Old 07-10-2020, 12:47 AM   #695
pau123
Sailor Moon

Pretty sure the statue on display by P1 looks better than the top right foto from the on set pics.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:09 AM   #696
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Pretty sure the statue on display by P1 looks better than the top right foto from the on set pics.
What does this even mean? The statue of Stan Winston's creation looks better than Stan Winston's creation?
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:51 AM   #697
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
I presume you don't like the (on set) suit colors, but the armor and his mask can't be denied.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:34 AM   #698
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
What does this even mean? The statue of Stan Winston's creation looks better than Stan Winston's creation?
I think he means that behind the scenes photos don't really give the feel of the actual look of the Predator.

Since they film these things to look much different in order to hide the fact that it is a man in a rubber suit.

I think that is what he means anyways lol
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:57 PM   #699
azurepred
Zot

The thing that makes Predator so unique compared to most other big monsters is that he looks great shot in any light. The man in a suit doesn't look like a man in a suit. He doesn't need to be hidden in shadow shots or dark lighting.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:48 PM   #700
#Brian
Shadowhawk

At the end of the day, this is based on an illustrated comic, so comparing to the movie suit is just wishful thinking.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote