Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #2891
GaryTonge
Kingpin

For mine, it was a bit tricky to get in. I actually tried the front foot method but it didn't work.

What worked best for me is I put in the back leg first and slowly stretch that front leg over into its spot. I then slowly pushed on the rear foot and got it flush into the base.

I repeated this a few times and now it goes in and out like butter.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #2892
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
Hmm that's interesting. Sideshow did say my peg was supposed to be at that angle. If you insert the peg when it's angled like my pic below, Wolverine can't really lean to the right like in some of the preview pics.

Keep an eye on your one Subby, it could be by straightening the peg it could start leaning to the right. Just a thought.
Funny my peg was straight when i got him, As i knew of the problem people were having so made sure.The back peg went right in but front foot wouldn't be flush, So i try pushing him forward and down and then the peg look like yours bent. Straighten it out and it went in with little more force but its now like butter too.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #2893
NightsWatch
Frackin!

I had the same issue. Had to scrape off excess paint from the peg and bend it with pliers to straighten it out.
NightsWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #2894
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

There is no way that statue will lean even with me straightening peg he’s still snug to put in. The key fills hole completely that prevents him from moving. It was little tweak to make sure I could pull him out again. Trust me all the statues will go in it’s getting them out again that risks breakage. I’m very comfortable with my solution. The peg did not line up with hole it was obvious to me I adjusted it
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #2895
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Old 08-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #2896
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Yea I fully understand the need to bend the peg, There was no way my first Wolverine would go in the peg was so bent. A friend of mine did the same and now his goes in and out very easy.

So we compared his with mine. Mine( bent peg and won't budge if I try remove it) his ( straightened peg and goes in and out easily).

What we noticed was mine is rock solid and when slightly pushed from Wolverines left hand doesn't move at all towards wolverines right. The heel of his right boot is also tight against the base.

His does move a bit if slightly pushed from left to right, is does move back though. Anyway I'm tired and forget what my point was
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:04 PM   #2897
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’d rather he go in and out easy than get stuck sideshow made poor choice on placing the peg at front of the boot. It simply doesn’t go deep enough and with minimal force you can shear off the key like I did trying to pull him out.

You could always use Vaseline if bending peg bugs ya. It may help a little
Old 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #2898
Formula009
Birdman

Finally got him last night. You guys aren't kidding, the struggle is real. I take care with my statues, so i don't know if it was hard to assemble because it was hard to assemble or because of fear, but it took a bit. After about 6 or 7 real life minutes (count them) I got him sitting flush the way he should. He goes in and out, but it's definitely snug. This should have had a different peg design. I'm interested to see how may survive long term.

Another thing worth mentioning, his unmasked Exclusive portrait almost feels as if there is no Magnet in it at all, at least on mine, and I think someone else may have mentioned that. It just kind of sits on. But unless your doing anything other than putting him on a shelf, he should be fine.

Other than that this statue is F*%#!ng Awesome. IMO perfect pose,base, paint is great and the Claws on this one are friggin AWESOME. My favorite Wolverine to date. It's the first statue I've ever had trouble deciding between portraits for display.
Formula009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #2899
pdenham
Teen Titans

^ how's the skin tone on yours?

I finally went ahead and did a test run on taking it out. Just for safety, I covered the base fingers with a microfiber cloth so I wouldn't accidentally scratch anything if I bumped it.

It was snug and got a couple mm out, at which point I got my finger tips under and pulled/pushed it.

Finally came out with the peg and key intact. Went back in a little easier this time, but still needed a final push down to lock it in place.

I'm confident I can get it out again without a hassle when I need to but in the meantime it feels very secure which I like.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #2900
Formula009
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
^ how's the skin tone on yours?

I finally went ahead and did a test run on taking it out. Just for safety, I covered the base fingers with a microfiber cloth so I wouldn't accidentally scratch anything if I bumped it.

It was snug and got a couple mm out, at which point I got my finger tips under and pulled/pushed it.

Finally came out with the peg and key intact. Went back in a little easier this time, but still needed a final push down to lock it in place.

I'm confident I can get it out again without a hassle when I need to but in the meantime it feels very secure which I like.

I think it looks pretty good, but I think that's preference.

My lighting doesn't help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	w.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	116481   Click image for larger version

Name:	w2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	116482   Click image for larger version

Name:	w3.jpg