Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #291
Mar-l-Aoutat
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I'm pretty sure I also saw an in game screen of Kratos sitting on the throne wearing the armor so I'm not sure which is more accurate but I think the armor just stands out more with the gold and all... That being said I own the regular and think its amazing already. Also, the reg is just the way we are most familiar with Kratos looking.
So you own the regular? Could you please post clear pics of his skin and head? I am seriously thinking of buying the regular, but I am not sure about the paintjob on his skin
From Ebay the regular will cost me 750 canadian dollars after shipping and import charges, I want to make sure it is worth it...
p.s.: the exclusive would be like 950 CDN...not sure the armor is worth the extra 200$
Mar-l-Aoutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #292
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
The paint up on the armor is flawless...literally. I swear you would think this is painted up at XM Studios. It's damn near perfection. I can't find any overpaint, underpaint, etc.

The armor is just immaculate!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:03 PM   #293
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
So no one is interested with the regular version? It seems like everyone is buying the exclusive and nobody the regular...
I tried to find an in-game Kratos on throne picture and only found this:

Attachment 98357
So it seems like in the game he was not wearing his armor during that scene. The regular version would be more representative of the game and by that way as much interesting as the exclusive, no?

Why are you guys so much more interested by the exclusive ?? The regular looks great too to me
In-game at the end, as well as the final CG cut scenes, Kratos is his default appearance. The Ares Armor is an unlockable. Strictly speaking, the default Kratos appearance is correct - to depict the scene at the end.

But the Ares Armor becomes the God Armor, and it is the default appearance at the start of GOW 2. So at some point after the end of GOW, Kratos dons the new armor, and he surely would have sat on the throne at some point, so it makes sense too.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:39 PM   #294
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Probably at some point, yes. But not on screen, and that is what it's all about.

In the intro of GoW 2 he is wearing the GoW armor and is sitting on a throne, but that throne looks/is completely different.

That throne (including the two ladies )would have been a better exclusive though making it more accurate; but GH failed with accuracy already with their previous Kratos statue.

Nevertheless awesome statue and I will be picking up the regular at some point.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #295
Mar-l-Aoutat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
In-game at the end, as well as the final CG cut scenes, Kratos is his default appearance. The Ares Armor is an unlockable. Strictly speaking, the default Kratos appearance is correct - to depict the scene at the end.

But the Ares Armor becomes the God Armor, and it is the default appearance at the start of GOW 2. So at some point after the end of GOW, Kratos dons the new armor, and he surely would have sat on the throne at some point, so it makes sense too.
Yeah...but I still feel like the regular is more accurate. Just like Vinnnie said, the Ares armor would rather fit that throne:
Click image for larger version

Name:	kratosonthrone.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	98391
The Ares armor offers more detail to the statue but it is less representative of the game to me...and the regular is a lot cheaper for me anyways, so I will go with that
Old 09-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #296
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Hey, I agree with you. I didn't buy this, but when I was considering it, I was only considering the regular.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:36 AM   #297
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
So you own the regular? Could you please post clear pics of his skin and head? I am seriously thinking of buying the regular, but I am not sure about the paintjob on his skin
From Ebay the regular will cost me 750 canadian dollars after shipping and import charges, I want to make sure it is worth it...
p.s.: the exclusive would be like 950 CDN...not sure the armor is worth the extra 200$
Posting pics here is a bit of a hassle for me but I can email you some if you dont mind phone quality. Personaly I am pleased with the paint aswel as the piece as a whole. Best "on throne" statue imo and I owned Doom...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #298
addic
The X-Men

I don't know why we are really discussing which version is more accurate. The REG is exactly (!) the version from then ending cut scene from God of War 1. The scene from the beginning of the second game where Kratos is wearing the armor has nothing to do with the GH statue.

So...as a fan of the game(s) and the God of War universe there is only one version which you should get, in my opinion. And this of course is the REG.

I would love to see some in hand pics (or a video) of the REG as I am thinking about buying it. Would be great if somebody could upload a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-capture-9.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	98413  
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:14 PM   #299
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

I just saw this video. Its sick! GH really did a good job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwq-RxvE_kg
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #300
Mar-l-Aoutat

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
I would love to see some in hand pics (or a video) of the REG as I am thinking about buying it. Would be great if somebody could upload a few pictures.
These are the best pictures I have found up to now on Facebook:

Compared with the exclusive: