Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-15-2016, 07:19 PM   #61
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
dont be too sure you dont have any repaired statues in your collection. oh. hope thats not a shock for you. ;-) what do you think they are doing at factories? or quality checks? throwing all statues away? they marking the areas, repainting parts, filling and sanding parts... in a detailed way: they "repainting" statues. i think its super ARH is doing it by "himself" and not by a factory worker. and like ARH said in the video: if the issue is to hard like the wrong glued arm of one statue you get a replacement. they dont just glue a statue and sending it back. they seem to care about it it looks like the proto you saw by ordering. for me personally thats a good deal.
I agree. And isn't part of the whole statue collecting thing the story behind getting the statue?
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #62
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I wonder how much more it would cost to produce the statues here in the US instead of China... I'd pay a few more dollars for that.
Why do you automatically assume just because it is painted in the USA the quality will be better? and not the same or worse than the chinese factories who have been doing it for years? Are you saying the air in the US automatically make those minimum wage copiers better painters?

The only thing that will be a fact is price will be 2-3x more, not the quality.

The quality is determined by hiring skilled painters who give a sh** and have a QC process to verify. It can be done in both china or in the US.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:28 PM   #63
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Why do you automatically assume just because it is painted in the USA the quality will be better? and not the same or worse than the chinese factories who have been doing it for years? Are you saying the air in the US automatically make those minimum wage copiers better painters?

The only thing that will be a fact is price will be 2-3x more, not the quality.

The quality is determined by hiring skilled painters who give a sh** and have a QC process to verify. It can be done in both china or in the US.
I think it's an assumption to say they would cost 2-3 times more. I bet they could be produced here for 20-30% more. Not that I'm in the business, but it's just what I think. China isn't what it used to be and I don't think ARH has children painting thier statues for 16 hours a day in sweatshops. If they did the statues wouldn't take so long to come out 😜

As far as quality... There are good and bad workers in both countries. They got some quality painters in China, obviously... I'm sure they could turn some up over here.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote