Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-07-2016, 03:51 PM   #1151
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Thanks Viper, that's exactly what I needed to know. I have all Saturday set aside for unboxing and repacking, so it's alright if it takes me all day. At least I'll have peace of mind that nothing is broken, but I'm glad there's no need to assemble the whole thing. Cheers mate
My pleasure, Sisko. Hopefully everything went well on you unpacking and quality check. Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Nice job on the assembly instructions redacted
It's a shame chronicle's weren't as comprehensive they were way too vague and coupled with the poor quality pics it made for an awkward assembly.
Indeed. The assembly instructions included with the piece were next to useless.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:45 AM   #1152
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
My pleasure, Sisko. Hopefully everything went well on you unpacking and quality check. Keep us posted.
Sorry, it's arriving this Friday (tomorrow). I'll let you know how it goes.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #1153
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Ok, so my Anubis just arrived. The box with the pole is a different number to the two other boxes. Can anyone think of a reason that might be a problem?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #1154
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Sorry, it's arriving this Friday (tomorrow). I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Ok, so my Anubis just arrived. The box with the pole is a different number to the two other boxes. Can anyone think of a reason that might be a problem?
I don't think it matters much if the pole box number doesn't match the other boxes so I wouldn't be concerned about it, Sisko. All the poles should be the same.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #1155
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I don't think it matters much if the pole box number doesn't match the other boxes so I wouldn't be concerned about it, Sisko. All the poles should be the same.
Thanks. I figured that's probably the case, but wanted to be sure since I'm not putting it together.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #1156
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

So I roped a friend into helping me unpack and check the Anubis on Saturday, which was great and we got it done in just over 2 hours.

Unfortunately there was a problem with the base where the tip of the pyramid had worn through the plastic wrapping, all the way through the styrofoam, and nearly all the way out of the outer cardboard box. This meant that the paint has completely chipped off the top and it's very noticeable. I've sent a couple of photos to my LCS, as well as some to Heather. Hopefully we can get it sorted out, because everything else looked spectacular.

I also just wanted to confirm that there should be 11 sets of screws, since the instructions don't say how many you need. And I have one more question in regards to the neck piece, which is an irregular shape. My friend and I weren't sure whether it's supposed to be like that or whether it might be warped. I tried to take some photo's to show what I mean. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #1157
cratercritter
The Spirit

I am sure your local shop will help you out there. Don't think the warp is meant to be there. Your parcels may have gone for a rough ride to or within Australia.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:14 PM   #1158
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
I am sure your local shop will help you out there. Don't think the warp is meant to be there. Your parcels may have gone for a rough ride to or within Australia.
I have used fiberglass on many projects and I am pretty sure warping like that did not happen in shipping, this is Fiberglass, it doesn't warp like that....Heck, it would crack before if warped like that...I would assume it was pulled from the mold before it fully set???
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:20 AM   #1159
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkknight77 View Post
I have used fiberglass on many projects and I am pretty sure warping like that did not happen in shipping, this is Fiberglass, it doesn't warp like that....Heck, it would crack before if warped like that...I would assume it was pulled from the mold before it fully set???
They said the prop was like that.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:31 AM   #1160
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

From the pictures of the warped area I can't even tell what part is warped. The pictures are so zoomed in that I can't even reference where it is to compare it with other assembled pieces.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote