Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #71
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This highlights the problems with figuring out how to handle MK. Everyone has their own version of a character they want.

The thing is when PCS has tried to go deeper in a line they get burned. Quan Chi, Raiden, and the Cyborgs just haven't sold to meet current industry constraints.
Once they get the statues out in reasonable time frame and stop messing up mixed media ( Jade, mileena, raiden, scorpion and sub zero 1/3 the line stands a chance no one is doing mk quality statues like pcs so they control monopoly but I'm sorry these cutbacks and 2 year wait took its toll on this line.

Even if the put up a preorder tomorrow it won't sell not until they fix issues with the company and show customers their are true changes that went on. Lots more work to be done.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:10 AM   #72
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I kinda stopped buying statues because of how many lines would start and get cancelled. I was on a roll with the MK9 line. Then out of the blue got cancelled in favor of MK10. That was basically it for me. The statues that were made were killer and I love my set of Scorpion and Sub Zero. But that was it. I have To to and Kitana and a few Street Figther figures that are kinda by themselves. I couldn't keep up. Now with the new 1/3 line how far will it going before a new line gets started again. That's why it's hard to continue to invest in lines that won't continue. I rather focus on other lines that I know will keep going. I will say the PCS still has the best prices along a few other companies. But they are all raising. And quality is don't with each company
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #73
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Rambo, Conan, RoboCop are one off's.
I think this is the big issue with the new licenses. They're all "one and done" IPs. There are very few untapped properties that are (a) popular enough to sell big and (b) have a deep character pool.

If my numbers are correct 17 street fighter characters have been produced in 1/4 and 12 MK characters have been produced. Given that both titles have a roster of 40+ characters (across all games), I'd like to see PCS take more risks in 1/4 scale. Part of my fatigue is from seeing the same characters done over and over. I assume Shadaloo Cammy and Poison/Roxy sold well enough for PCS to tackle a few more B-C listers in the near future.

One other suggestion is the WWF/WWE license. PCS excel at producing roided up monstrosities. So why not make statues of actual roided up monstrosities. A PCS Ultimate Warrior would be killer......

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #74
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
I think this is the big issue with the new licenses. They're all "one and done" IPs. There are very few untapped properties that are (a) popular enough to sell big and (b) have a deep character pool.

If my numbers are correct 17 street fighter characters have been produced in 1/4 and 12 MK characters have been produced. Given that both titles have a roster of 40+ characters (across all games), I'd like to see PCS take more risks in 1/4 scale. Part of my fatigue is from seeing the same characters done over and over. I assume Shadaloo Cammy and Poison/Roxy sold well enough for PCS to tackle a few more B-C listers in the near future.

One other suggestion is the WWF/WWE license. PCS excel at producing roided up monstrosities. So why not make statues of actual roided up monstrosities. A PCS Ultimate Warrior would be killer......

The Kessler Wolf. Fingers crossed, there is more to come from the An American Werewolf in London licence.
Otherwise, it will be filed under "one and done" IP
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:47 PM   #75
mkkollector81
Justice League

This thread is blasphemy
Long live MORTAL KOMBAT!!!
mkkollector81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #76
llama
The Spirit

Quote:
I think Poison is a B-lister. I think even PCS (Jerry?) said they were surprised by how quickly she sold. I wasn't surprised. It's not usually said directly a lot here but a lot of people want statues of sexy female characters. You have all your SF2 nostalgia fans who want the world warriors but after that you have all the people who want Laura, Karin, R. Mika, etc... Kotobukiya and a lot of other Japanese companies understand this. PCS should make more female characters and perhaps they could sneak in some more b-list male characters like Urien, Dan, or Hakan.

For other licenses I would like to see Tekken for sure.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #77
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkollector81 View Post
This thread is blasphemy
Long live MORTAL KOMBAT!!!
This guy
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:29 PM   #78
theokan

I'm not sharing the same SF fatigue as OP, I'm pretty positive we will see more B-C listers as now is the right timing for that.

With world warriors completed and new companies doing SF, obviously B-C listers are now on the to-do list. Basically PCS got a head start on the A listers while most companies are playing catch up. We will still see many revisits but with a healthy dose of B-C listers sprinkled in, that's going to make things 10x more interesting, I think you're just giving up too early, collecting SF will be more fun that it ever has been.

And also, I don't understand how you want SF to share the same fate as Thundercats, but then you want Thundercats to come back.. I don't know, that just seems like a very uniquely personal wish. I see it as this; you're personally done with collecting SF, so you want SF to have a "Thundercats moment"(aka cancellation), while Thundercat comes back to you so you can complete the line... hm... I don't know about that one, lol.

As for Poison, she's more like a D lister imo, but you don't need a license to sell a sexy female. (As in, an unknown non licensed sexy female statue can sell out on her own, they don't need a license attached to sell out)
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #79
archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Yes PCS needs to diversify by making Marvel statues.....no one is doing them.....lol.
There are tons of Marvel characters that haven't been tackled yet or haven't been done justice. I'm fairly sure a Jerry sculpted Hulk would blow away any Hulk we've seen in the last 15 years. If Sideshow still want to be relevant once P1 start cranking out Marvel statues, contracting PCS to do a few pieces wouldn't be a bad idea. Hiring Daniel Bel was a step in the right direction for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
As for Thundercats it's not big enough, look what just happened with the Kinnetiquettes diorama.
The Kinettiquettes diorama was massive, expensive, not available directly to US collectors and poorly advertised. I don't think that tells us anything. A reboot of PCS Thundercats with a marketing push from Sideshow would do much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
I don't understand how you want SF to share the same fate as Thundercats, but then you want Thundercats to come back.
I don't want the SF line to die but I do want to see SF characters we haven't seen before and I want to see PCS work on new lines. Lovecraft is a good start but not sure if there's much of a market for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
With world warriors completed and new companies doing SF, obviously B-C listers are now on the to-do list. Basically PCS got a head start on the A listers while most companies are playing catch up.
A great version of Fei Long and C.Viper is probably all it will take to get me interested in SF again. Having just received Kotal Kahn and Kintaro recently, I'm excited about MK again after a long period of indifference.

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:56 AM   #80
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
There are tons of Marvel characters that haven't been tackled yet or haven't been done justice.
and the problem is no matter who gets the license they likely never will be. we'll just end up with more Spiderman, Cap, Iron Man and Wolverine.....forever. Bowen was the only company I can really think of that would tackle the C and below tier, and that's only because he was around for so darn long he was eventually able to get to them.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote