Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #301
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You've already paid a sculptor for the current base, used materials, had it prototyped, painted, photographed and put up on webesite for marketing, so tossing that out and then re-sculpting a new a base automatically puts more cost onto the statue. You've already put up a price point, which means any further waste impacts your profit margin unless you redo the price point.

come on man, it's simple business.
Their sculptors are on payroll they're being paid no matter what they do and there is a lot of idle time that happens. Materials? Come on you know clay and wax cost very little considering you're saying you're a sculptor. I doubt they have professional photographers it's probably done in house and it takes all of 30 seconds to load pictures onto a server. Yes it's business.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #302
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX403 View Post
Their sculptors are on payroll they're being paid no matter what they do and there is a lot of idle time that happens. Materials? Come on you know clay and wax cost very little considering you're saying you're a sculptor. I doubt they have professional photographers it's probably done in house and it takes all of 30 seconds to load pictures onto a server. Yes it's business.
Approval process is the big one. It could be months to get changes approved and they could get rejected and then the statue is put back a whole bunch which adds to overall costs and they lose a PO slot this year.

Theres always WAY more involved than people think when they say "just do a new base" lol.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #303
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Theres always WAY more involved than people think when they say "just do a new base" lol.
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #304
JD18_92
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

With everything coming out and getting the rangers getting alot more love recently, not only do I have to be selective on what I'm pre ordering, but now I have options when it's comes to rangers. I want to love this piece and give pcs my money, esp when I know the line has so much potential, but the Ex for the price makes me out and that reg does more harm then good. Sure redoing the base has alot of problems that come with it, but if it's redone to a more non tacky opinion, I feel like it would sell alot more units. But we are a small vocal group out of a huge community. Maybe they will sell them all with the awful base, who knows?
JD18_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #305
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD18_92 View Post
With everything coming out and getting the rangers getting alot more love recently, not only do I have to be selective on what I'm pre ordering, but now I have options when it's comes to rangers. I want to love this piece and give pcs my money, esp when I know the line has so much potential, but the Ex for the price makes me out and that reg does more harm then good. Sure redoing the base has alot of problems that come with it, but if it's redone to a more non tacky opinion, I feel like it would sell alot more units. But we are a small vocal group out of a huge community. Maybe they will sell them all with the awful base, who knows?
Can anyone say what is the reaction on Facebook which is probably their largest following?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #306
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX403 View Post
Yeah go buy 20lbs of monster clay let me know how cheap that is. Anything you do that goes to waste is a huge deal, not only that but sculptors on payroll could be paid per the year or per the project or for a cetain number of projects per a specified time period. Either way any time spent on tweaking this after they've finished is wasted because the next project is delayed. Even photography in house does not take 30 seconds, you need to set lighting, angles, back drops. Plus updating the website goes to the web designer who you also pay.

Its ridiculous to think changing the base at this stage isn't a huge deal.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #307
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Approval process is the big one. It could be months to get changes approved and they could get rejected and then the statue is put back a whole bunch which adds to overall costs and they lose a PO slot this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #308
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I hope the line goes far. I would be pissed if this line ended after the rangers. I need zords ans goldar Zedd etc
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #309
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Yeah go buy 20lbs of monster clay let me know how cheap that is. Anything you do that goes to waste is a huge deal, not only that but sculptors on payroll could be paid per the year or per the project or for a cetain number of projects per a specified time period. Either way any time spent on tweaking this after they've finished is wasted because the next project is delayed. Even photography in house does not take 30 seconds, you need to set lighting, angles, back drops. Plus updating the website goes to the web designer who you also pay.

After seeing xm interview that just the metal molds on carnage tendrils cost $10-12k JUST THE TENDRILS cost that much is see your point.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:11 AM   #310
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

I'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I don't think Saban is very picky either.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote