Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 AM   #31
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

just when you think it can't get more stupid, you have athletes coming out speaking in support of Michael Vick and the impending loss of his livelihood...here's the latest from Stephon Marbury...

"the latest i heard, was that dogfighting is a sport."

i watched this guy and his act here in Phoenix for 2+ years and i'm amazed that i could actually think less of this complete waste of flesh. nice job, Stephon, you win the award for most ignorant comment regarding this mess...so far, i'm sure the contest is far from over.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:43 AM   #32
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Vick's troubles may get worse. The state of Virginia may press charges as well, in addition to the federal charges. The state charges would like carry much stiffer sentences, according to the Associated Press.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:53 AM   #33
The Watcher
Loki

I bet a coworker that Vick will be sentenced to two years in jail.

Anyone think Petrino and the Falcons will try to get Brohm (Louisville QB) in next year's draft?
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #34
hawkeyethearcher

Vick suspended indefinitely
National Football League

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."

» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."

» "I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters."

» "I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract."
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #35
scott
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Not to get off topic,but this is just the tip of the iceberg of dog fighting in the U.S. I think there are responsible pit bull owners, they have to be these dogs are living weapons.I also think that there are twice as many people who have no good reason to have these dogs. Laws should limit the amount of these dogs to people who can take care of them.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #36
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
I bet a coworker that Vick will be sentenced to two years in jail.

Anyone think Petrino and the Falcons will try to get Brohm (Louisville QB) in next year's draft?
I'd love for that to happen. However, a buddy of mine had some info on that subject. He played golf with some guys that knew Brohm, and they said he hates Petrino. The rumor around town, is that Petrino is a great coach, and an even bigger jerk. I guess we'll see. Brohm really thrived in his system.
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:33 AM   #37
hawkeyethearcher

when russell signs for the raiders the falcons will go after walters or mccown. they have already contacted al about it
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #38
Primal
Batman

Nuff said...

Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #39
hawkeyethearcher

well he found god

why does everyone find god after they go to jail.

dec 10th he will be sentenced