Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 11-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
blasto14
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
I haven't actually been since 2009 and wont be there this year either.

I don't know about AH or TS but 2008 i was 3 in queue for Adi Granov and i took an hour to get a sketch and in 2009 it was an hour and 15 mins for Barry Kitson and 2 and a half hours for Charlie Adlard.

Expect a lot of standing about and waiting unless something has changed since i was last there
Thanks for the reply it sounds much like Kapow was organised except at Kapow the guest only had two hour slots for signings which made the ques stupidly long. Are the creators at the table all day?
blasto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasto14 View Post
Thanks for the reply it sounds much like Kapow was organised except at Kapow the guest only had two hour slots for signings which made the ques stupidly long. Are the creators at the table all day?
I think its really down to them.

In 2008 one guy turned up at 11:30 when the show started at 10 and he was stood outside having a cig when i went back in after dinner at 12:30ish.

I lost all professional respect for the guy after that.

A couple of people also put signs up saying that their sketches finished at a certain time too.

If you have some "must haves" i would try to hit them first
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #13
abarron
Batman

So did anyone attend over the weekend?
Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #14
blasto14
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Yeah I did I really enjoyed it good trip away and came away with a lot of stuff I wanted. I'm going to post them in the art section when I get around to it. A few things have stayed the same while overs have changed since you have gone a few years back.

Barry Kitson's line is still impossibly long so I called quits on that fairly quickly haha. Adi Granov and Ian Churchill now charge due to people getting a piece and putting it straight on ebay for a profit. Adi charges £50 for the type of sketch you got for free which is a real shame but oh well.

Over then that it was great my girlfriend enjoyed it and got some pretty impressive stuff that I'm going to try and upload on here as well. Along with what my movements were over the weekend.
blasto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #15
abarron
Batman

I heard Adi had started charging for sketches but thought it was closer to £30

Glad you had a good time.
I hoppe to be at it again sometime but with a 15 month old and another baby on the way i can't see it being anytime soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasto14 View Post
Yeah I did I really enjoyed it good trip away and came away with a lot of stuff I wanted. I'm going to post them in the art section when I get around to it. A few things have stayed the same while overs have changed since you have gone a few years back.

Barry Kitson's line is still impossibly long so I called quits on that fairly quickly haha. Adi Granov and Ian Churchill now charge due to people getting a piece and putting it straight on ebay for a profit. Adi charges £50 for the type of sketch you got for free which is a real shame but oh well.

Over then that it was great my girlfriend enjoyed it and got some pretty impressive stuff that I'm going to try and upload on here as well. Along with what my movements were over the weekend.