Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 08-09-2019, 12:07 AM   #111
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
oh yeah bad choice of words. I meant to say I never been ripped off. But yes plenty of issues arguments and disagreements lol

I always say ARh could made much more myth pieces and more epic diorama pieces..but I guess comix and dolls sell more
And you've had at least one statue that arrived in many more pieces than it should have

I don't think they sell more, I'm pretty sure Arahom has zero outlay for the dolls though. I think he is just getting a cheque for licensing the IP to Phicen.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:35 AM   #112
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
And you've had at least one statue that arrived in many more pieces than it should have
ah yeah the one i dropped down the stairs..man what a heavy bugger! my back still hurts!

just joking ..
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #113
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
I don't think you telling all the whole story here..something doesn't sound right..

Anyways whatever...good luck with it..I do hope u get either your cash refunded or the ugly chick with the deformed animals..
Yes I am telling the whole story. I have kept all my emails and my story is far from unique when dealing with arh. I'm also convinced you must be arahom because nobody in their right mind would shill and nutswing the way you do.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #114
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Yes I am telling the whole story. I have kept all my emails and my story is far from unique when dealing with arh. I'm also convinced you must be arahom because nobody in their right mind would shill and nutswing the way you do.
I am not Arahom and you can insult me all you like. I care but I don't care..you know what I mean?
I just feel you are not telling the whole story..I just know it..I have a gut feeling..

If it makes you feel better I do think you have a right to be angry no doubt! But the abusive comments and accusations at ARH are really just childish and stupid and completely over the top..but hey if you feel that is the road you want to take to have your situation solved..so be it...it your money and life..all I say is you might as well get some new threads happening and settle in because you gonna be on the forum for many years to come complaining! You said you already got banned from ARH FB...so do you think your case is going forward?

PS. Take your pills..not a good idea to skip them

Old 08-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #115
clutch
Sailor Moon

Says the guy who quit the forum in a huff. For a few days. Lol!
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #116
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Says the guy who quit the forum in a huff. For a few days. Lol!
Well surely this retarded antelope knows he won't see a cent acting like this..I was just trying to help him out
Old 08-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #117
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

In the beginning ARH was great but slowly turned into a nightmare to deal with. Once it turned into only Arahom sculpting the pieces they have never been quite as good and lost a lot of the WOW factor. I have never been ripped off by them but received A LOT of broken statues and always had to fight tooth and nail to get things resolved. For the money we spend it should not have to be this way. Sucks for everyone that ordered those cats, you have every right to be extremely pissed off. However, like what others have said take what you can get at this point and never deal with ARH again. If you want a piece I suggest buying it from a retailer that will give you a refund the next time ARH drops the ball like this.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #118
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I know Pheidias isn't Arahom. He is an Aussie and I have seen pics of his collection. As to the "horror stories" there are a few and I won't pretend to know anyones particular case details but I have been buying from Arahom since the 1990s when he was in Brazil and I have never known him to rip anyone off. I remember when his house burned down and he lost literally everything right down to his dog he still made good to everyone and got everybody the statues they had ordered (with some help from the gracious folks here at SF including D-Rod and others).

Not to but he tried to make a jump from basically a 1 man show to becoming a bigger player in the game with the Frazetta line. He took a big chance and paid for sculpts up front, licensing, etc with the thought of selling at least 500 to 1000 and it just didn't sell. Frazettas would not renegotiate their licensing due to poor sales or extend the license longer so he was really behind the 8 ball (not the customers fault, just explanation) but he got all produced and delivered in a reasonable time except Huntress and cats. Don't know entire problem but either due to breakage, ordered too few, or something he did not have enough to fill all his orders. I don't know if its because license is expired, or because he can't fit large base into his "pot" to make the mold of the base or what but there are no more cats. He is still working on fixing it (or so I have heard) and getting the replacement cats but hasn't done so yet.

If he really wanted to rip his customers off he would have just declared bankruptcy and started a new company, but he is and will continue to try to make it right. If I were a guy who ordered the Huntress I would ask ARH to give me a statue or 2 of greater value instead. There must be something you like? Get a 1/3 Cleo or Arkalla or Zeus or the hooded chick or even one of these mermaids (if possible?) I know it isn't what you ordered but $ you could be made whole.

There were a lot of other complaints and Arahom has made good on a lot of them (I know some of the people) and nobody comes back and gives him credit for that. There are very few left and Arahom take care of them too I would bet, he just has to deal with everything at once. He is still digging out from that financial hit and the reputational hit that has resulted (again, not customers fault, just explanation) but the most of the people left that have issues are the Huntress and Cats, I know there is at least one Valkyrie guy waiting for his but I don't know why that is, I thought Arahom made all those in house? Unless he sent some to Factory for second batch? I don't know.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #119
qz33
Rescue

Snadinator knows Pheidias isn't Arahom.

I care because several of us are going through it with PCS and I nearly ordered this particular statue. I went to order this and Barbarian. Was paying with 2 credit cards and after ordering Barbarian went to order Huntress and discovered the other card had expired and I left the replacement at home. Didn't have Internet at home so by the time I got the valid card and went to order and with remorse for spending so much I decided maybe I didn't need to put so much money in ARH which I knew of very little. If not for that I would be in the same boat as Snadinator and others.

The journey matters more than the destination. Reasonable restoration is like a restaurant re-preparing a meal properly or giving a refund. Not months or years of hassle to get replacements, orders, or refunds.
As far as giving credit for making things right sorry there is not right at this point. Yeah a full refund is the right thing to do but there is no excuse being put through all this. Would Snadinator getting refunded today make it right? No.

It is an owner's responsibility to not pass business/life risks on to it's customers.
This is why people work regular jobs instead of chasing their selfish dreams at the expense of others.
Arahom cannot provide a satisfactory experience other than at the expense of some of his customers so he needs to exit the game.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #120
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Snadinator knows Pheidias isn't Arahom.

I care because several of us are going through it with PCS and I nearly ordered this particular statue. I went to order this and Barbarian. Was paying with 2 credit cards and after ordering Barbarian went to order Huntress and discovered the other card had expired and I left the replacement at home. Didn't have Internet at home so by the time I got the valid card and went to order and with remorse for spending so much I decided maybe I didn't need to put so much money in ARH which I knew of very little. If not for that I would be in the same boat as Snadinator and others.

The journey matters more than the destination. Reasonable restoration is like a restaurant re-preparing a meal properly or giving a refund. Not months or years of hassle to get replacements, orders, or refunds.
As far as giving credit for making things right sorry there is not right at this point. Yeah a full refund is the right thing to do but there is no excuse being put through all this. Would Snadinator getting refunded today make it right? No.

It is an owner's responsibility to not pass business/life risks on to it's customers.
This is why people work regular jobs instead of chasing their selfish dreams at the expense of others.
Arahom cannot provide a satisfactory experience other than at the expense of some of his customers so he needs to exit the game.
This is what I'm talking about. Let's say Arahom "Exits the game". Then what does Snadinator have? Nothing. No refund no replacement no filled order. Nothing.

Refund would have been the ideal and "right" thing to do and I don't dispute that. The problem is he didn't have the cats and didn't have the money to refund it. So what does he do then? Exit the game really does screw his customers. As I said if it were me I would ask for an in kind (other statue) refund at greater value than what I spent to accomodate me for my time and trouble and for the fact I'm not getting exactly what I ordered. This is a bad situation and I'm not minimizing it but as I said I have been buying from Arahom for 20 years+ and will continue to do so. I think he is still planning to get those damn cats and base for the small number of people who still don't have them. Now, you can say it's been years and that's BS but other than the aforementioned options of folding and giving customers nothing, or giving in kind other statues, or this wait until it can be accomodated. Another option might be I think he can do the chick and the small base but just can't do the large base and cats at his place. People could take the chick solo and ask for another statue.

I get it you and some others will never buy from ARH but to me it is almost to Arahom's credit that even though he knows his reputation has been badly damaged and as you put it even coming through now won't make it right he continues to do so as he can. A lot of people who were complaining very loudly have been made whole but never come on to say "Yeah I finally got my statue or a refund or whatever" they just stop complaining. The fact that Arahom is still doing it shows me that he really does want to make it right with his customers.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote