Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #1491
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I understand the whole photography lesson StatueTank was trying to explain, but there's no denying that the photos of Whisper's portrait in Spec Fiction's 2nd set of Facebook pictures are different from the prototype face. I mean, yeah, his pics weren't taken with a pro camera or a pro set-up or anything like that, but SF's pics of her face were taken from a distance that excluded lens distortion, and there's no question, her face is different from the prototype...especially those eyebrows.

Now it all comes down to whether or not collectors are willing to accept the new face. I could accept it, but I don't think I could accept it for $500, let alone $600. To me, that proto face was a $600 face...not this new one. This new one is more like a $400 face. GG got Shanna's face to proto quality. My pictures are proof of that, so I don't understand why they decided to take it a different way with this one.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:23 AM   #1492
FROBAY
Phoenix

I had to go back and look at Hellboys pics of the Variant. I noticed the eyes are different too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:03 AM   #1493
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Eh, you've never been happy about anything
So, rather than focus on the point I raised, you're going to focus on my general level of happiness?

I think a better use of your powers of analysis, would be to consider why you're willing to accept lower levels of quality in your collection then me?

My vocal lack of contentment will (when allied with other voices) have two possible outcomes, either nothing, or a marked improvement in the level of product you can buy......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:06 AM   #1494
built2shred
Phoenix

Just got shipping notice so I will add my pictures soon....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:12 AM   #1495
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I don't care for the raccoon eyes the exclusive has. Too much eyeshadow.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:28 AM   #1496
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Although I agree that she looks fantastic, the EX looks just more radiant with the red costume, shiny lips and blonde hair. This statue is losing so much with the brown hair/brown colour costume. I like it a lot, and really thought about getting it. It's just not worth this much money, for ME PERSONALLY. If it were the EX, hell, I wouldn't think twice. That should be the REG all along. Gratz to everyone that is getting her, it's a very nice statue, but I shall have to pass.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:41 AM   #1497
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I don't care for the raccoon eyes the exclusive has. Too much eyeshadow.
I disagree. The Exclusive is the win for me. I'll be more objective when my reg Whisper arrives. I'm surprised Amazon came thru with my order.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #1498
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

There is no doubt the EX pops more on the shelf with the contrasting color pallet. I am still more than happy to add the regular to my collection and look forward to seeing it in hand. Spec Fiction says the detail on the piece is insane and since he has it in hand I trust his evaluation of the piece. Even with the reported slight variation in the portrait, which doesn't bother me, it still looks to be a winner imo.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #1499
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
It seems you completely ignored StatueTank's post. Lighting and lens distortion has a direct effect on accurately capturing the piece in pics.
i didn't ignore his post. still doesn't change the fact from what i'm seeing in regards to any pics posted so far, that IN MY OPINION, there is way to much difference from proto to production. the drop off is significant enough for ME. Hey if it doesn't bother you that's awesome for you, i'm sure GG appreciates your business.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:12 PM   #1500
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
i didn't ignore his post. still doesn't change the fact from what i'm seeing in regards to any pics posted so far, that IN MY OPINION, there is way to much difference from proto to production. the drop off is significant enough for ME. Hey if it doesn't bother you that's awesome for you, i'm sure GG appreciates your business.
Fair enough. We can settle on the fact that we have a differing opinion regarding this piece.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote