Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #591
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
even 10 thousand pieces for the definitive batman statue is small in my opinion.
I'm inclined to agree. He is after all arguably the most popular super hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
it makes no sense to compare edition sizes.
It only makes sense if you're comparing production costs to potential profits and how that influences the MSRP of a statue. I don't think the HT statues should be compared to the Batman PF.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #592
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

It only makes sense if you're comparing production costs to potential profits and how that influences the MSRP of a statue. I don't think the HT statues should be compared to the Batman PF.
in that sense I would concur
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #593
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
No, not yet. The price point on the regulars is pure speculation at this point. I'd imagine after the SDCC we'll know what some (maybe all) of them will cost.
I'm sure we'll know the price after SDCC, but it could be months after comic-con. I spoke with GG customer service and I was told that the HT girls won't be on pre-order at the con and that they're still figuring out the price. I'm not sure why it's taken a year to figure that out, but I have no idea what goes into manufacturing and selling a line of statues.

If some of the other members are still a little worried about the potential high price of these statues I suggest you drop GG an email with your concern. If they are still trying to figure it out the price isn't set in stone yet. Your complaints might fall on deaf ears and they might now be able to move on the price, but it's still more productive than arguing amongst ourselves. The price of the statue will affect all of us equally so we are in this together.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #594
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #595
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
That picture of the base of the foot is spectacular. Amazing.
Ah, a foot man
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #596
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
They are also making 9,500 of the Batman PF
The Honey Trap statues will probably be 1,000 or less.
Ok, compare how many Batman fans there are compared to Honey trap fans.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #597
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
That picture of the base of the foot is spectacular. Amazing.
I agree !
Damn that is some detail !!
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #598
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
I'm sure we'll know the price after SDCC, but it could be months after comic-con. I spoke with GG customer service and I was told that the HT girls won't be on pre-order at the con and that they're still figuring out the price. I'm not sure why it's taken a year to figure that out, but I have no idea what goes into manufacturing and selling a line of statues.

If some of the other members are still a little worried about the potential high price of these statues I suggest you drop GG an email with your concern. If they are still trying to figure it out the price isn't set in stone yet. Your complaints might fall on deaf ears and they might now be able to move on the price, but it's still more productive than arguing amongst ourselves. The price of the statue will affect all of us equally so we are in this together.
I don't know.... looking back over the history of this line GG have done nothing to inspire me that they listen. I mean, they have a rep who comes here on a 'semi' official basis and through him they must have been aware of the general attitude towards the line but they still went ahead and did what they did.

I'm not talking price now, I'm over that, but I'm talking about all that crap 'they' spouted about having some background, giving the line a context etc.....IMHO, they got lazy, churn out a super exclusive and (rightly) calculated that sex sells.

People have not paid for a character, they've paid for a very well sculpted random woman in dive gear.

So if you feel it helps you go ahead and contact them, but be prepared for disappointment and read between the lines of their PR statements. My guess is, based on the successful launch of the exclusive they already know what they're going to charge.

One last point, the flippers are already flipping. Nothing GG could do about that, but it shows why they restricted sales to PGM only. That was a good call on their part as it mean't there was an extra hoop to jump through which for real collectors was no problem, for money grabbing leeches it was hopefully a ball ache.

This also shows me that SS logic of not releasing ES at pre order is a good thing, and something I would urge GG to consider in the future.

Anyone who buys statues for profit, at the expense of REAL collectors has no place in the hobby, and does more damage to the hobby than any perceived price hikes from producers.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #599
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Will the collectors that are interested in this line decide to be completists with it? With the Sucker PUnch girls I could see it, since they were a group in a movie. Their connection was obvious. But with this line, we know nothing about them. They are really just hot chicks themed in outfits and situations that men have always dreamed about. Race girl, girl with big gun, underwater girl, hot oriental girl...etc. I think most people will just get the 1-3 pieces that stand out to them. Especially after hearing that they might be $399. I was thinking about getting a few, but now I might stick with just Derby. I liked Whisper, Lucky and Fireball too, but I'd be happy with just Derby for now. I was going to get Fireball for my brother....but not sure I can just throw $399 down for her.

The Batman PF was $399. Do these compare to that piece? I think Batman has some great details. He also comes with two portraits and a super cool base.
It was easier to be completist with the SP girls because I knew how many they would have. Plus there weren't any SP girl that I was lukewarm about. Rocket might have been but the addition of her rocket pack added to that statue.

I don't have any interest in Katya or Debry. And with a potential open ended line for HT, i for one can say i won't be a completist. Of course my limited remaining display space in my house is more of a driving factor at this point.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #600
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
One last point, the flippers are already flipping. Nothing GG could do about that, but it shows why they restricted sales to PGM only. That was a good call on their part as it mean't there was an extra hoop to jump through which for real collectors was no problem, for money grabbing leeches it was hopefully a ball ache.
Not much of call on behalf of GG. PGM members get priority preorder on exclusives as one of their benefits.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote