Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

Marvel vs Capcom 2

I'm sure there's quite a few people here who love this game...

What's your favorite team to use? Also, which one character is your favorite?

Sentinel is my best character. His projectiles are ridiculous, and he flies faster than any character in the game. His only drawbacks are land speed and he's a huge target, but if you know what you're doing, you can keep the opponent on the other side of the screen the whole time. It can get cheesy (like Cable, Cyclops, IronMan etc.) so I try not to use him when I'm just playing with friends.

I usually go with Sentinel, Cammy, and Akuma. I love fast characters, so Cammy works perfect...and I've always loved Akuma. He's the only character I ever use in Street Fighter games. It's all about the Raging Demon.

I also like Ken, Dan, Rogue, Wolverine, Morrigan and Spider-Man. I need to practice with Storm, Magneto, and some of the other tier 1 characters...I've seen people absolutely destroy the world with them.
Venom4131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

My main Team was always Akuma and Charlie for the VS series, but when this one came out i mixed it up a lot.

Akuma, Strider, Charlie

Akuma, Charlie, Guile

Akuma, Psylocke, Dark Sakura

But playing the computer, all i need is Guile and dont even need any others to jump in ad out. Guile is sick with his air combos.

Anyone who uses Cable is cheap and cant play the game, cause you can burn everyone of his supers in the air with his plasma gun BS. I seen guys do this at arcades all the time. Even one time some smuck used it so much and won so much, that a group of guys pulled him out of the arcade and beat his ass.

Dan is so much fun to use, specialy when i whoop my cousins ass with him. Ever use his reverse ragining demon? My god that is the funniest move i ever seen in a SF game. Its oposite of Akumas raging demon and takes a tiny bit of health from the enemy, and brings Dans health to 1hp no matter what life he has. To funny.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

Way to go with Akuma!

Yes, I use Dan all the time. Did you know that in MvC2 Dan's reverse Raging Demon is the strongest move in the game? It's not like it is in SF games, where it takes you to 1 HP and barely hurts the opponent.

Finishing someone in SF with Dan's move is like a slap in the face.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ya i always used Akuma since he was a hidden character, hes my all time Fav character from SF. I used to love poping him out in the X-Men capcom game in arcades. People never knew who the hell he was.

Never bothered with Dans RD in MvsC2, but will try it out. I knew a guy in college that lived in the arcade playing all the SF games. Used to see him there before i went to work at nights and when i got off of work at nights. He mastered Dan, and was able to finish people off with that pathetic RD and win. Man he was good, but no life.

Sad thing is my memory card crapped out and i saved all my other SF game info to a new card, and lost everything for MvC2. I havent played it in a while, but damn pain to unlock everyone all over again.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

Yeah, I finished my friend (who's really good at SF games) with Dan's RD in one of the old SF games. It was hilarious. He told me right before I did it that if I ever pulled it off on him, he'd quit playing SF forever. Well, he didn't quit...haha. Dan is obviously awful at ranged combat, but up close, he's awesome.

As far as getting your characters unlocked again, just leave the game on Practice mode all night while you sleep and/or all day while you're at work...when you come back to it, you will have thousands of credits to buy characters. Shouldn't take but a handful of times to get everyone back. The max points you can have at once are 9999, so make sure you buy characters and use all the points each time before letting it run again.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
DarthPredamorph
Frackin!

I like using Strider and Gambit. The third one just depends on my mood.

Btw, Cable might be cheap...but he sure is fun to use against egotystical friends.
DarthPredamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Kewl i will have to do that one day leaving on practice mode. Dont feel like playing all the time to unlock them again.

One thing that did piss me off about this version, is they toned down Charlie. He was kick ass in X-men Vs SF, but MvC2 they nerfed his pop up for air combos, and toned down his combos a lot.

I call my cosuin crazy thumbs when he plays me, cause all he does is use Spiderman, Iron Man and war machine. End of one match hes got blisters on his thumbs the size on a dime.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #8
Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

Never was a fan of charge characters. Ironman and War Machine are cheese-city.

I wish they'd get the licenses back together, so they could make a Marvel vs Capcom 3...that would be my dream come true. Get every SF, Darkstalkers, Final Fight, Resident Evil, and miscellaneous Capcom character and throw in a hundred or so Marvel characters...that would be the best game ever made.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #9
DarthPredamorph
Frackin!

How about a Marvel vs. DC vs. Capcom game?
DarthPredamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
Venom4131
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPredamorph View Post
How about a Marvel vs. DC vs. Capcom game?
I hate DC, but why not? Throw em in there. While they're at it, throw in the Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe's (especially Snake Eyes & Stormshadow), Dragonball Z, Mortal Kombat, and every other character they can think of. That would be sick.